Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question 2011 F-350 SRW & Solitude 369RL or 375RE

Thoughts on this combination? The 375RE weighs about 1000 lbs more dry with about 325 lbs more pin weight.

I get conflicting information such as:
    -we sell most 369RL trailers to those with 3/4 ton trucks. Your F-350 has plenty of capacity to pull it?
    -that 375RE requires a dually to be safe... Why is this the case if there is only 325 lbs difference in pin weight?

I would be over the payload by a bit, but under the axle and tire ratings for either of these...

My wife has really fallen in love with the 375RE. I like it allot as well, but am unsure about the 42.5'... We are coming from a 35' 5th wheel and prefer state parks to concrete close neighbor campgrounds. We are also looking at the 36CKTS by Cedar Creek which I beleive is a very well built trailer that I can get for a bit less than the 369RL.

Comments?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum jascott! As you can see from my signature we have a F350 and a 369. The first time we weighed we were over on our pin weight by 120lbs. After removing some cargo and rearranging some things, we are ok on our weights now, but close. The 369 is the limit for the CC FX4 F350 SRW.

Steve

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the input. While we do really like the 375RE, I think we have ruled this out for this reason as well as a few others. We are down to three trailers now... The Cedar Creek 36CKTS, the Open Range 347RES, and the Solitude 369RL. The OR347RES is obviously a bit smaller and less expensive and I think would work well and save some money. However, my wife really likes the Solitude line, so I'd guess that is where we will end up. I'm planning on ordering one of these next week.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whether it's a 3/4 ton or 1 ton truck, any with single rear wheels will meet their king pin weight limitations quickly. I agree with Steve about the smaller trailer.

I stuck with a mid size Reflection trailer as my F250 is still too good to trade/sell.

Seasoned Camper
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamaman View Post
    Whether it's a 3/4 ton or 1 ton truck, any with single rear wheels will meet their king pin weight limitations quickly. I agree with Steve about the smaller trailer.

I stuck with a mid size Reflection trailer as my F250 is still too good to trade/sell.
    I went with the Reflection line similarly. I am not judging at all, really, but once you get out of the Reflection line, I feel you're pushing the limits of any SRW generally speaking. I stopped researching and comparing after 2010 so keep that in mind. A 3/4 or 1 ton SRW had few differences. A spring, a sticker, and lots of opinions in most cases I studied. I broke down by part numbers on the vehicles and made tons of calls on it. I felt comfortable, more or less, pulling my 13,800 max-loaded 35' Cameo with about 2800 lbs on pin, but I sure felt THE limit in many situations especially in the mountains. And, honestly, I tended to "fight" the RV forum "gotta have a dually", "can't do more than the door sticker", crowd. I beefed up my 3/4 ton with 1" Helwig anti-sway bar, 19.5" commercial tires, air bags, extra leaf spring and more 'cause I didn't want a dually. Before ever hooking up the Cameo. So, from that perspective, I base my opinion. I say all so you can consider your comfort levels not because I will ever tell someone how to act. Best wishes.
    Brent & Gina
    2018 Ford F250 PSD Crew Cab
    SuperGlide 16K Hitch
    Grand Design 303 RLS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all the input guys. We placed an order for the 369RL yesterday. I feel that the truck should do well with this particular trailer.