User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Msgsteele View Post
    I'm thinking about purchasing the Champion Wireless Start 3500. I'm wondering if anyone uses a Champion 3500 and if it will run an air conditioner (15K BTU)? Is it quiet? My other option is a couple of Honda 2200s, but I'd prefer to not have to pack two units. Thanks!
    I have been using a Champion Dual Fuel 3500 Watt Generator for a few years now. I only run it on Propane so the Wattage is reduced (2800 Watts with Propane). The Champion runs my 15k A/C without any problem.

I really like the Dual Fuel Generator because I don't have to be bothered with carrying Gas for it, I simply connect it to my Propane tank and press start. I do carry a spare 20lb Propane tank that we use for the portable fire pit and the Generator when we need it.

I am very happy with my Champion Generator and I can strongly recommend this brand, especially the Dual Fuel model.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckwilcox View Post
    Just bought a Champion 3400 Watt dual-fuel. I plan on running exclusively on propane, as I'd rather not have to deal with transporting and storing gas. My question is would it be ok if I never use any gas in the unit (keep it pristine)? It's fresh out of the box, so haven't done any break-in yet. Can I just do the break-in on propane only, and never switch it to gas, or should I also run it on gas at least for the break-in period?

Also, any creative methods for loading it in the back of the truck? It's a bit heavy for wife and I. ATV loading ramps? Wood plank? We plan on keeping it around the house for minor power outages, and transporting it for dry camping.

Any advice on the above is appreciated!
    I have had mine for a few years now and have never put any gas in the tank, and never will. I love being able to run this on Propane Only!

As far as loading it into the truck, I think ramps would be just as hard as two people lifting it onto the tailgate (plus you have to deal with the ramps). My only suggestion is to get a 20lb Propane tank and run the Generator in the back of the truck, that is what we do and it has worked out well (this way we only have to lift the Generator one time per trip).
    David and Peggy
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In another thread, someone mentioned that Champion is coming out with a full line of 4,500 Watt Inverter Generators by the middle of Summer.
    David and Peggy
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is this the one the new product line will build on? https://www.championpowerequipment.c...tart-inverter/

I've been musing about selling my 3100 watt Champion inverter and getting two Honda 2200s, for greater flexibility. Sometimes one is all I need but I could use two when I want to run both air conditioners (I have Soft Starts on both). Other than the weight of the new Champion, 101 pounds, I might have to give it some thought.
    2020 Solitude 380FL with B&W Companion 20K hitch
    2018 GMC Sierra Denali HD 3500 DRW

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Consider the Westinghouse/ Cummings 4500 dual fuel
    Quieter, more powerful, remote start. Similar price. Great diagnostics
    2 Honda’s will cost twice as much, run out of fuel in half the time, have no diagnostics

https://westinghouseoutdoorpower.com...ator-dual-fuel
    Donna and Dave
    Annapolis, Maryland
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL / Dodge Ram Longhorn 2500 6.4 Hemi
    350 W Newapower Solar: 3000 Victron Inverter/ Charger: Firefly Oasis carbon foam AGM

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RV Sailor View Post
    Consider the Westinghouse/ Cummings 4500 dual fuel
    Quieter, more powerful, remote start. Similar price. Great diagnostics
    2 Honda’s will cost twice as much, run out of fuel in half the time, have no diagnostics

https://westinghouseoutdoorpower.com...ator-dual-fuel
    Thanks, I have been looking at Champion for the dual fuel but was not aware of this model. I think I will be getting one from Home Depot or Loews based on comments on the Westinghouse site about damages in shipments to buyers homes. Cracked and misaligned outer cases among other issues that Westinghouse seems to be taking care of according to buyer comments. It's still an inconvenience. Many people using them with propane because there is no gas to deal with. And as you mentioned the remote start so it can sit in the bed of the truck. For about $1,100 or so and about 100 lbs. Trying to think how I would secure them in the bed so they don't walk.
    Last edited by mnrover; 02-10-2021 at 09:11 PM.
    Long Island, New York

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SolarPoweredRV View Post
    I have had mine for a few years now and have never put any gas in the tank, and never will. I love being able to run this on Propane Only!

As far as loading it into the truck, I think ramps would be just as hard as two people lifting it onto the tailgate (plus you have to deal with the ramps). My only suggestion is to get a 20lb Propane tank and run the Generator in the back of the truck, that is what we do and it has worked out well (this way we only have to lift the Generator one time per trip).
    How long does it run on propane?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Kevin & Deb. 2021 Reflection 320 MKS
    2018 Ford F-350 Diesel SRW Platinum
    Kevin and Deb. 50ST8R
    2021 Grand Design Reflection 320 MKS
    2018 Ford F-350 SRW 4x4 Diesel Platinum Edition

[/SIGPIC]

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know about the break in propane vs gas but you can use a Rack Jack 4x4 to get it in and out of the truck. https://www.vikingsl.com/rack-jack-4x4/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12