The wet lead battery that came with this unit weights a ton. At my age, I need to either install a solar panel to keep it charged so I do not have to remove it each time I return from a trip or replace this battery with the following:
Battle Born Batteries LiFePO4 12 Volt Deep Cycle Battery

Versatile for use in many applications and battery systems
Long lifespan
Maintenance-free, leak proof and spill proof design
Can be mounted on any position
Can supply continued power and works well as energy storage for solar applications
The housing might not be that durable

I have read that while not cheap, it's performance and recharging ability is outstanding and it's weight..29 lbs. I have not weighed that which came with my unit, but I know it is more than 29 lbs. The size of the battery and opening in the front storage area is fairly large..larger than most common 12V batteries.. Either way, I have also read about the weak support in that front compartment and may add a 1/2 plywood structure to help with the weight issue in that area.

BUT...I have read that or failed to understand...that my converter may not be able to charge this type of battery. I would think that the converter is able to charge any 12V battery.. Am I correct or incorrect on this point. AND..with either battery, should I go ahead and move in installing a 100W solar unit with MPPT, etc to keep the battery charged and not concern myself with removing it...while I think the Battle Born battery might be better even in that environment. Comments suggestions welcome! Tks