Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Three A/C units

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bertschb View Post
    You've got some other problem. We had a 2019 43' Solitude 373FB-R and our two A/C units would have cooled that rig in 30 minutes if it was 65 outside. ANY air conditioner that is working properly in ANY RV will cool down the inside when it's only 65 degrees outside. You may want to remove the A/C cover from the ceiling and see if your ducting is connected properly. What year is your RV? I read a post from a guy recently who had a 2021 model. His RVAirflow foam blocks were installed upside down from the factory.
    Our solitude is a 2020 model year. I have removed the registers and checked that the cool air was not bypassing to the return on both of them and keep the filters clean, everything seems OK. It seemed to work when we 1st bought it in Florida about 8 or 9 months ago but now in Colorado it just can't cool the inside anymore. The only thing I am not sure about is we are at about 10,000' and about 20% humidity. I don't know if the dryer air affects the condenser so it cannot cool properly or the altitude effects the refrigerant.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with Brian, you have some other problem. I was camping in mine on Fathers Day weekend in south Texas. Trailer was in full sun from about noon on and it was 98 degrees by 2pm. My two 15K Colemans were set to 73 degrees and while they ran a lot they did hold that setting and even cycled occasionally. My trailer is 41+ feet. 3 units would be nice to have but as Keebler stated, they are not needed. My avatar picture was taken that weekend in the site I'm referring to.
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    The only thing I am not sure about is we are at about 10,000' and about 20% humidity. I don't know if the dryer air affects the condenser so it cannot cool properly or the altitude effects the refrigerant.
    The humidity here has been single digits in the afternoon and our A/C units work fine. If it were me, I'd have an HVAC technician check the A/C units.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Txfivver View Post
    I agree with Brian, you have some other problem. I was camping in mine on Fathers Day weekend in south Texas. Trailer was in full sun from about noon on and it was 98 degrees by 2pm. My two 15K Colemans were set to 73 degrees and while they ran a lot they did hold that setting and even cycled occasionally. My trailer is 41+ feet. 3 units would be nice to have but as Keebler stated, they are not needed. My avatar picture was taken that weekend in the site I'm referring to.
    Yes I agree I'm going to have to have this looked into. My next stop is Las Vegas for most of October I believe there is a grand design dealer there that I hope can look into it. Thanks for all the input everybody I've never ran across this with any of my other RV's over the past 30 years.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good luck and keep us posted on what you learn.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    Are 3 A/C units needed on a Solitude 310GK? I travel to the south and it gets real hot there.
    We have a 344GK-R. It has 3 AC units. Two in the main room and one in the bedroom. In Texas, you need three. AC units can stress from over work so we rotate usage. Two on, one off. It doesn't take three to keep it cool but it does to cool it off when we first set up.

When setting up we use the AC dump vents. Basically the AC unit blows/dumps air directly into the room at high volume. At night we run the racetrack vent system which is similar to your ductwork at home using two running units. It works really well once the TT initially cools off.

IMHO, the more AC the better. If one unit goes down, you've still got two until you get it fixed. The sweetest sound I know is "It sure is cool in here, thank you" from my wife.
    2021 GD 344GK-R
    PullRite Super 5th 24K
    2006 & 2018 Ram 2500, 5.9 Cummins Diesel
    Wife: Canadian

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "but there are currently supply chain shortages and ACs are one of them."
    Does anyone have any idea when they will be caught up. We have been waiting 2 months

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty1096 View Post
    "but there are currently supply chain shortages and ACs are one of them."
    Does anyone have any idea when they will be caught up. We have been waiting 2 months
    Last I heard from our Rep, they are not taking orders for 3 a/c's until well into 2021.

TBD
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    Last I heard from our Rep, they are not taking orders for 3 a/c's until well into 2021.
    I won't order another 5th wheel without a 3rd A/C so it looks like I'll have to keep the 310GK for a while.
    Brian & Kellie

Previous setups:

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are in the process of ordering a 3740BH and were told that we could not get a 3rd ac, and they would also not wire for it. The problem, we were told, is that the “soft start” acs are getting impossible get and the 50 amp will not run three 15 btu regular acs. We are concerned, as we live in Texas and we have been glad of our two acs in our little Imagine 2800 BH (although one is a 13.5). We were assured the “it would be fine, you don’t need it”. We feel like we don’t have a choice, but still there is some concern. Or dealer said he even contacted Grand Design, just to be sure the three acs are not available. Delivery is not expected until February. Haven’t finalized our order yet.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast