User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Three A/C units

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SherLlan View Post
    We are in the process of ordering a 3740BH and were told that we could not get a 3rd ac, and they would also not wire for it. The problem, we were told, is that the “soft start” acs are getting impossible get and the 50 amp will not run three 15 btu regular acs. We are concerned, as we live in Texas and we have been glad of our two acs in our little Imagine 2800 BH (although one is a 13.5). We were assured the “it would be fine, you don’t need it”. We feel like we don’t have a choice, but still there is some concern. Or dealer said he even contacted Grand Design, just to be sure the three acs are not available. Delivery is not expected until February. Haven’t finalized our order yet.
    Our new Momentum has 3 Coleman 15,000 and they run fine on 50a. I don't think there soft start but I could be wrong.
    2021 351MR
    2017 Jayco 377rlbh (sold)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can still get a solitude with 3 ac’s. I ordered one today from my dealer. I questioned them when they said they could order one for me. I had heard you couldn’t. Apparently if a customer orders a solitude and ask for 3 ac’s they will build it. A dealer cannot order one for their lot. It must be requested by the buyer to the dealer. Now the wait for my 390rk-r...

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish we could get a straight answer. I ordered a 390rk mid Oct. and was told at the dealer that a 3rd ac is not available. After reading some of the topics about the third ac I contacted Grand Design directly about a week ago and was told that the 3rd ac is not available and I asked if it was at least pre-wired for a 3rd and was told that they are not pre-wiring for a 3rd unit.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our new 2021 310GK-R has 3 AC’s and purchased off the lot. That was one of the things that made us purchase this unit rather than ordering and waiting additional months. Missed out on the DP windows but wasn’t a dealbreaker for us.
    Scott & Linda
    2022 390RK-R
    2020 Ram 3500 Limited DRW HO Cummins LB
    B&W Companion 3600 RVK

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudgrappler View Post
    You can still get a solitude with 3 ac’s. I ordered one today from my dealer. I questioned them when they said they could order one for me. I had heard you couldn’t. Apparently if a customer orders a solitude and ask for 3 ac’s they will build it. A dealer cannot order one for their lot. It must be requested by the buyer to the dealer. Now the wait for my 390rk-r...
    You can order anything you want, but whether or not they build it that way is TBD.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    You can order anything you want, but whether or not they build it that way is TBD.
    Steve-
    Does Grand Design let the dealer know in advance if a custom order can't be completed due to parts shortages or do they just deliver the RV without matching the order sheet?
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bertschb View Post
    Steve-
    Does Grand Design let the dealer know in advance if a custom order can't be completed due to parts shortages or do they just deliver the RV without matching the order sheet?
    They will send a build confirmation right before it hits the production line to verify all options. Also, before releasing the unit, they will call for funding, so if the cost doesn't match, we know something changed.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    They will send a build confirmation right before it hits the production line to verify all options. Also, before releasing the unit, they will call for funding, so if the cost doesn't match, we know something changed.
    Thanks for that information. I wouldn't be happy if I ordered a unit with FBP and 3 AC's and it rolled in with neither!
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Grand Designs now accepts orders for 3 ac’s on Solitudes

Quote Originally Posted by bertschb View Post
    Thanks for that information. I wouldn't be happy if I ordered a unit with FBP and 3 AC's and it rolled in with neither!
    We found out that Grand Design is accepting orders for 3 ac’s on Solitudes as of last week. The supply chain has loosened up some. We were told by Grand Design directly that all our dealer had to do we amend the order. As long as the unit isn’t in production yet, they will allow it. We are happy, because we really wanted the 3rd unit in our 3740BH. Cost added was a little over $1,000; we feel like it is money well spent.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It figures this would happen. As I stated earlier I ordered my Solitude in October and at that time couldn't get 3 ac's but what really bothers me was Grand Design told me that they were not even pre-wiring the trailer for a third ac so if I want to add a third unit I will have to have wiring installed. I took delivery of my trailer beginning of this month.
    Greg & Cyndi 2021 Solitude 390RK 2018 Ford F450 Diesel DRW Comfort Ride Hitch

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast