User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New tires

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, from the other RV forums I visit the three most mentioned ST tires are GY Endurance, Maxxis, and Sailuns. All seem to have a good following.
    2010 Tundra SR5 DC 5.7L 4x4
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Andersen WDH
    Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension Kit
    2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
    2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all the info,I appreciate it

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought 4 Goodyear Endurance tires from Mavis Tire and paid $133 for each tire (size ST225/75R15). With mounting them on the rim, it was just under $550 (plus tax) for all four. I left the WestLake spare alone and I hope that I don't regret it.

FYI...Tirerack.com has similar pricing for the Endurance tires, so $1700 is a total rip-off! You should have thrown your hands up a yelled "Don't Shoot!" when they gave that price.

There is a huge difference between the WestLakes and Endurance tires. The Westlakes had soft flimsy sidewalls and were mushy overall. Once they were off the rim, I could easily see why they have a blowout problem.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Beerbrewer,It was my fault I gave them the wrong tire size,It was for a lot larger tire

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Goodyear locally had the best tire prices on the Endurance tires when I checked last time by $40 or so per tire. I was shocked as most of my local tire stores didn't even have them in stock or could get them. Not only was Goodyear cheaper they had them in stock. I replaced all 5.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been running Sailun tires for years with no one problem. Both fifth wheels were 42ft 16k and ran at 100 psi. About $150 each.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by campsurveyor View Post
    Trying to remember what Good Year endurance tire that everybody suggested,I called discount tire & he said it was over $1700 for the E rated tires,Sounds like it’s too much,I know they were 10 ply,I have a 2017 Grand Design 307 MKS,Westlake ST235/80R16,Thanks
    Definitely look at Sailun, they are a better choice, my opinion, then the Goodyear. There side walls are much more sturdy so less worries about going over curbs or rubbing rocks. We have had them on our reflection, and now on our Solitude. They can run much higher pressure for higher load ratings, or lower pressures for less weight. The sailun Web page has inflation chart on it that will actually let you get down to within a couple 100 pounds of weight.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get a set of Maxxis. Buy them at Simple Tire online for about $550. Better tire too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by campsurveyor View Post
    Trying to remember what Good Year endurance tire that everybody suggested,I called discount tire & he said it was over $1700 for the E rated tires,Sounds like it’s too much,I know they were 10 ply,I have a 2017 Grand Design 307 MKS,Westlake ST235/80R16,Thanks
    As soon as we get our camper out of the shop I am getting the Sailuns put on before we take our next trip. Getting 5 so I can replace the spare. I was quoted $985 mounted, balanced, tax out the door.
    2019 F350 Lariat Super Duty 6.7L Diesel SRW 4X4 with puck system
    2016 Reflection 337 RLS
    Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentService View Post
    I also have the 307 MKS (2018) and am looking very hard at the Sailuns S637 Trlr (ST23580R16) which are "G" rated. They are also cheaper than the Good Year Endurance at 150.00 per tire.
    The Sailun's are a great tire. I had them on our Fuzion toyhauler in 2014 from the factory. I saw made in China and thought they were junk...boy was I wrong! They are rated for 110 psi max so make sure your wheels can handle the pressure. I had the 235x85x16 637's G rated 14 ply. Still on the trailer when we traded it in on the Solitude.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	slab with trailer 005.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	95.0 KB 
ID:	29397
    2018 Grand Design Solitude 377MBS

2017 Ford F-350 Lariat DRW...FX4...4.10's...White Gold/Caribou with Black interior. Curt Q20 hitch. BakFlip MX4

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast