User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New 31MB, first trip - no hot water

Hi all - we are currently on our first trip in this rig (previously had a motorhome). We are fully hooked up and cleaned the water system earlier today. Water is flowing freely and we are hooked according to the city->fixture diagram. However, we are not getting hot water. Heater switch is on and lit. How long does it take to heat up? Is there any thing I am missing?

Thank you!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not long, you should be able to use your propane on the panel to heat the hot water heater I would see if you can turn that on, I know also the circuit board on the outside behind the panel go bad sometime but since it a new unit it shouldn't.

Welcome to the forum and congrats.
    2022 GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    2023 North Point 310RLTS
    MSG Retired Army

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattsmall1972 View Post
    Hi all - we are currently on our first trip in this rig (previously had a motorhome). We are fully hooked up and cleaned the water system earlier today. Water is flowing freely and we are hooked according to the city->fixture diagram. However, we are not getting hot water. Heater switch is on and lit. How long does it take to heat up? Is there any thing I am missing?

Thank you!
    Welcome to the forum.

Are you using electric or propane? If you have a Suburban water heater and are trying to use electric mode, there is a small black switch on the front of the water heater that needs to be turned on as well. You can leave that switch on for the entire season and then activate electric mode by using the interior water heater switch.

A common loss of hot water can also be due to leaving the outside sprayer faucets in the open position. This causes a mixing action of the water and doesnt allow hot water to the rest of the RV.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guys - this is a rookie mistake. In my motorhome, we had a single hot water switch. Last night I went to the panel and turned on the “tank heater” rather than either one of the hot water heater switches. It’s a dumb move but at least I’ve learned something. Thank you all for the help!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No problem we have all been their, now go and enjoy your new fiver and if you have any more questions just ask I'm glad it came out alright.
    2022 GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    2023 North Point 310RLTS
    MSG Retired Army