User Tag List

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Home Water Leaks

So my wife was talking to our neighbor lady a couple of houses down from us yesterday.
    The neighbor's husband had a medical emergency, taken to hospital by ambulance in July.
    When the lady came home from the hospital she found the house flooded from a leak up in the attic.
    As you can imagine, it was overwhelming for her.
    We'd seen lots & lots of contractors working at her house for several weeks.

Our houses are almost the same age, ~30 years old with copper pipes run up in the attic.

Me being on the tech geek side had installed a Flo water valve a couple of years ago on the incoming water line to the house.
    We've had some water shut offs while the wife was watering the yard and it thought there was a water leak.
    Not fun when she comes looking for me, um asking if I turned off the water to the house.
    Now I just remember to tell it to go to sleep for awhile if I see her outside watering her plants for a while.
    One time I was washing the truck & the hose was leaking a little at the faucet. The flo shutdown the water & yes the wife came out, DID YOU TURN OFF THE WATER?
    But the thing works & does a daily water valve shut off test during the middle of the night.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Flo ALert-1.jpg   Flo Alert-2.jpg   Flo Home Page.jpg  
    Last edited by gbkims; 09-05-2020 at 11:22 AM.
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank