User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Winegard 360+ w/ Winegard GW-1000 Wifi Router Install Question

2021 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS

Good Morning

My Wife and I are preparing to install a Winegard GW-1000 Wifi Router in our camper. All of the research we have done says there should be an on - off power switch in the router system.
    Being our camper has the Winegard Air 360 + and has been "Prepped / Prewired" for this install, we would like to find the out if this switch is installed somewhere and where it is located.

Thanks
    Don N

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not sure about the location on the Reflection 315RLTS. I found ours above the hutch cabinet. Looked everywhere for it and noticed the red glow from the LED lights on the ceiling.
    2021 Momentum 397TH
    2019 Chevrolet 3500 6.6 D-Max with 10 Speed Allison
    B&W Companion and MORryde Cushioned 5th Wheel Pin Box

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SmackBottom View Post
    I am not sure about the location on the Reflection 315RLTS. I found ours above the hutch cabinet. Looked everywhere for it and noticed the red glow from the LED lights on the ceiling.
    The installation video I watched, the small “dome” under the antenna location on the ceiling is where the 12 volt, and the 4g and 5 g wires are located.
    2016 Ram 3500 SWD 3:73 Turbo Diesel 6'4"" box
    OEM puck Pro 16K
    2021 Reflection 311BHS
    Previous:
    2017 Reflection 29RS
    Reese Sidewinder Hitch
    Platte Lake MN.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the Winegard 360+ and GW-1000 gateway. If there's an on/off switch specifically for it, I haven't found it. I just power mine off with the battery cutoff switch - which means the gateway / router / antenna is on whenever I have the batteries connected. Maybe that's not what you want?
    signature

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't see an on/off switch on the router. There is a on/off switch for the antenna behind the TV, but haven't tested it to see if it turns off the router. Like the previous poster, my router shuts down when I hit the kill switch for the camper.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The on/off switch comes with the GW1000 if you buy it new. There is an included mounting plate and it and the switch is supposed to be mounted in the ceiling next to the GW1000 and spliced into the existing factory wiring. You also can install it on the GW1000 but you will have to make a mounting hole for it. Lots of people do this because it makes for a cleaner looking install.
    Jim
    2019 F350 6.7 DRW

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesdn View Post
    The on/off switch comes with the GW1000 if you buy it new. There is an included mounting plate and it and the switch is supposed to be mounted in the ceiling next to the GW1000 and spliced into the existing factory wiring. You also can install it on the GW1000 but you will have to make a mounting hole for it. Lots of people do this because it makes for a cleaner looking install.
    Ahhh...I remember seeing that now. I wound up not using it because I was worried enough about the wiring without adding a switch. Now that I have it installed and am using it ok, I might go back and put it in. I think it should have been built it just to make a router restart a little easier. Also wish the flashing light on the inside was visible from the bottom. I can only see it if it's dark in the camper or if the router is not mounted to the ceiling bracket.

Thanks for the reminder about the switch!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From all I read, The switch is optional. I just put the router in my 295RL and connected it to the provided power source. When the battery switch is on for the camper, the router is on. If I was to add the switch, it would be in the ceiling next to the router.