User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    agoutdoors

385TH "GLAMPING" in freezing temps - what do you recommend?

It appears that our first outing is going to be in freezing temps (has winter finally hit the west coast?).

What do you recommend to keep you rig from having issues with freezing (mid to hi 20's at night)? We will likely pick a location that has hook ups so we have power.

Do the tank heaters keep the fresh warm enough?
    What about the fresh water lines throughout?
    Do I need to worry about black and grey water?
    Did you do extra insulating in certain areas to keep water lines from freezing?

Other things that I am missing?

Any ideas would be helpful!

Thanks everyone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As long as you have full hookups, there shouldn't be a problem. Between tank heaters and the furnace, you should be more than fine. If you are hooked up to city water, keep a faucet or two at a medium drip to keep your supply hose from freezing. Just make sure to leave the appropriate gray water dump valve(s) open to eliminate the possibility of your tanks over flowing.
    Andy & Julie
    Gig Harbor, Wa
    2014 Solitude 369RL S/N 104
    2012 F350 SWR 4x4 CC 6.7 Diesel

Splitsworld
    Ago can you verify that in your rig if you turn on the thermostat mode in zone 2 to "furnace" that your AC comes on? And if you turn zone 2 to mode "Auto" your heat comes on? I cant figure out if my 385th has a heat pump of if the dometic thermostat thinks there is a heatpump/ac. Also if you arent on full hookup dont expect a single 12v battery to last all night with your heater going. And if you are on battery, make sure you know where the fuse is for you CO2 detector.. Mine went off around 5am both mornings due to low batt condition. Oddly enough it wasnt low enough where i couldnt still start my genny...thats when you know a battery is low.. Good luck! Split

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You didn't mention what the daytime temperatures would be. If they're in the 50's for example, you needn't worry as much about the overnight lows.

Dave
    Dave and Monica - Gore Bay, Ontario
    Vitus the Hungarian Vizsla
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS #129
    2008 F250 V10 CC Lariat RWD

agoutdoors
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave and Monica View Post
    You didn't mention what the daytime temperatures would be. If they're in the 50's for example, you needn't worry as much about the overnight lows.

Dave
    Mid to upper 40's in the day time.

agoutdoors
    Quote Originally Posted by Splitsworld View Post
    Ago can you verify that in your rig if you turn on the thermostat mode in zone 2 to "furnace" that your AC comes on? And if you turn zone 2 to mode "Auto" your heat comes on? I cant figure out if my 385th has a heat pump of if the dometic thermostat thinks there is a heatpump/ac. Also if you arent on full hookup dont expect a single 12v battery to last all night with your heater going. And if you are on battery, make sure you know where the fuse is for you CO2 detector.. Mine went off around 5am both mornings due to low batt condition. Oddly enough it wasnt low enough where i couldnt still start my genny...thats when you know a battery is low.. Good luck! Split
    I will play with mine over the next few days. I ran it previously but didn't pay much attention to what the settings were since it was giving me warm air. I have no idea if there is a heat pump installed on mine. Is there a way to tell by looking at something?

I have 2 - 12V batteries along with a generator.

I will let you know what I find out.

agoutdoors
    Quote Originally Posted by Splitsworld View Post
    I have been running my furnace on the FURN setting (zone 2) all morning and its toasty warm in here! Not plugged in. I saw another post somewhere that said if you have a heat pump the control panel/thermostat should show HP as one of the settings. As far as I can tell, mine does not have one.