Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ordered 29g- bedroom slide ?

We ordered a 29g and it is suppose to arrive end of October. I will find out this answer when i check out unit, but wondering about it now.

The bed slides over a mattress supporting box(my term). Is that box available for storage, or could I modify it for a dog house?

Thanks for input and excited to get new trailer.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BykerBob View Post
    We ordered a 29g and it is suppose to arrive end of October. I will find out this answer when i check out unit, but wondering about it now.

The bed slides over a mattress supporting box(my term). Is that box available for storage, or could I modify it for a dog house?

BykerBob,

The onboard generator is housed in the insulated box under the bed. If ordered without a generator could probably be used for storage.

Larry
    Larry & Paula
    2019 Momentum 21G
    Equalizer 1400 / 14000
    2012 Ram 2500 4x4 CTD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BykerBob View Post

As Subvert says that is the Genny house. Will not have room for a dog house.
    Neil and Joyce Anderson
    2021 Grand Design Momentum 29G
    2010 F350SD Dually / 2019 Harley Ultra Limited (Mine) / 2016 Harley Street Glide (Wife's)
    Might get to retire someday if we ever stop spending money!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hopefully this isn’t a stupid question, although my math might be off:

We’re considering the Momentum G-Class 21G, 25G, and 29G floorplans & features. We’re leaning towards the 21G, but we’re not 100% decided yet.

1. Is there *any* underbed storage at the foot-end of the 21G, 25G, or 29G bedframe? I realize that the bed & bedframe’s 80” length changes when the bed’s slide-out is extended or retracted.

2. When the bed slide is fully out/extended, there seems to be a hollow space at the foot of the bed. I realize that the generator is housed/fixed below the “front half” of the sliding 80” long bed frame.

3. The Onan 4K EVAP generator (website info) has a dimension of 30” deep, which is located in a fixed & vented storage compartment below the slide-out which contains the head of the bedframe.

4. This adjustable 80” length (reduced by about a 36” space with the bed slide extended) seems to leave about 36-40” of underbed space unaccounted for (at the foot) that seems to be unused.

5. Is this unused underbed space a safety feature related to the generator, or other wires, etc. below the foot of the sliding 80” bed length?

6. Is this unused underbed space a design flaw (wasted storage space), or is it intentional?

7. If this underbed space is intentionally empty: I wonder if this could be a space that could be used for a climate-controlled battery bank with inverter, etc. We’re definitely not planning on any clothes storage so close to the generator.

8. FYI: The 2021 models all have the top of the bed’s platform solidly attached to the bedframe (no hinges or struts). We knocked all around the bedframe’s foot (about 60”W x about 36” deep, with slide-out extended & 80” bedframe shorter), and it sounded completely hollow.

9. Any ideas? Has anyone heard of a similar bedframe mod in this situation?

Any feedback or forum discussion links is much appreciated.

Cheers,
    Stacie
    Last edited by whovian432; 03-27-2021 at 12:19 PM.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    whovian432,

The top of the under bed box is attached with only five screws. The generator is enclosed in a sealed sheet metal box and insulated on three sides with about six inches of insulation. There is an enclosed area about 9" x 24" that contains the backside of the outdoor shower valves and piping, city water inlet piping, selector valve for city or tank fill, battery disconnect switch, a 120 volt recepticle, generator electrical wiring and terminal box plus cable connections for tv. No useable room left.
    The only useable space is the 10' x 32" that you access from the outside that I use to store two 15 ft. water hoses and filter, the hand crank, and electrical shore power cable. If neatly rolled up it all fits.

A box could be fabricated and installed between the left side of the bed support box and the sliding door. Have about 12" x 28" available.

Larry
    Last edited by Subvet0615; 03-28-2021 at 02:22 PM.
    Larry & Paula
    2019 Momentum 21G
    Equalizer 1400 / 14000
    2012 Ram 2500 4x4 CTD