Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Roof membrane

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Roof membrane

I was up on my roof today after reading so many post on issues people are having. And I took a really close look at mine. I have ripples that I have read from others but I can press it out. I mean the membrane moves around the plywood top. Shouldn't this be glued down?
    Gary and Kelly Slone
    Louisville, Kentucky
    18 Chev. 2500 Gas 6.0
    2020 295RL Reflection, Curt A16 Hitch

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryS57 View Post
    I was up on my roof today after reading so many post on issues people are having. And I took a really close look at mine. I have ripples that I have read from others but I can press it out. I mean the membrane moves around the plywood top. Shouldn't this be glued down?
    My roof is fine and has some small bubbles here and there as well. Previous two TTs were the same. It’s not going to be completely flat since temperatures and humidity have an impact. There have been a few on here with pictures where the bubbles were really pronounced. They need attention, but all rubber roofs will have some imperfections depending on outside conditions.

Just a note, don’t puncture the ripples or small bubbles then you’ll have to seal them.
    2010 Tundra SR5 DC 5.7L 4x4
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Andersen WDH
    Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension Kit
    2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
    2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was one that had quite a few bubbles on my roof. I spoke with the dealer and was told that the “glue” that they use now is comparable to that on Post-It Notes. This is so they can pull it off the plywood to repair something and then place it right back down. He said the bubbles will come and go as temperatures fluctuate.
    2021 Reflection 28BH
    Pullrite Superlite 2600
    2019 Ford F250 CC SB 6.7L
    2017 Jayco 27bhs (Sold)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the updates guys. I've been wanting to eternabond both front and back seams but didn't want to if this was something I would have to work with the dealer on. Sounds like "full speed ahead" on eliminating that potential issue down the road.
    Gary and Kelly Slone
    Louisville, Kentucky
    18 Chev. 2500 Gas 6.0

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryS57 View Post
    Thanks for the updates guys. I've been wanting to eternabond both front and back seams but didn't want to if this was something I would have to work with the dealer on. Sounds like "full speed ahead" on eliminating that potential issue down the road.
    Eternabond is good just don’t want to do that while under warranty. Also once Eternabond is applied, you can’t get it off. So there are some pluses and minuses to using it.

I do carry a 4” x 10’ roll with me just in case I’m camping and get an unfortunate “major“ tear from a tree or something. Sealant won’t help me, whereas Eternabond may be my only alternative.
    2010 Tundra SR5 DC 5.7L 4x4
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Andersen WDH
    Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension Kit
    2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
    2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do worry about tree limbs since my 5er is so high any campgrounds with back roads always has me watching tree limbs and your right about using Eternabond on a tear - about the only thing you can do really.
    Maybe I better hold off on that mod?
    Gary and Kelly Slone
    Louisville, Kentucky
    18 Chev. 2500 Gas 6.0