User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tindjin View Post
    Trying to find out an answer to this after a bunch of posts in a few FB groups.

Is it okay or not to stand/use the areas of a slide out when fully retracted (in)? Meaning is it okay to use the dinette when stopped for lunch without having to extend the slide out? I don't mean partially out, but fully in for traveling.

There is nothing in our GD manual except about using it in a partially extended situation.

Thanks.
    The slide out is not supported when pulled in. It's recommended that you not step/walk on it in the retracted position. I would think that includes "no sitting" at the table when retracted.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As some have shared, GDRV has responded consistently over the years to not place weight on the slides when retracted. When most slides are retracted, the inside edge of the slide is not supported by the main RV floor as it is when fully extended when it drops down just a bit. Now this applies to in frame slides but I am not certain on some/all Schwintek slides where some/all extend and retract w/o any drop down at full extension. This may account for the feedback from GDRV as shared by Steph and Lise in their posts #8 at least for their RV.

I would suggest contacting GDRV to learn more about differences if the case.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Both our dealer and the manual for our 2021 Imagine 2800BH say you can use the slide completely in or completely out. Just not anywhere in the middle.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottK View Post
    Both our dealer and the manual for our 2021 Imagine 2800BH say you can use the slide completely in or completely out. Just not anywhere in the middle.
    Not surprised at the dealer feedback on this but I do not recall this being printed in any GDRVs owner manuals. Next time you check your manual, please share the page(s) where this is covered. In my quick review of the most current Imagine online owners manual, I did not see this. Thanks, @ScottK

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We do when traveling when its unsafe to put it out more then just a few inches. We have even slept on the bed slide. We have never heard any weird noises or had any weird movement.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    I think the OP is talking about standing on the slide floor inside the camper while the slide is retracted. I agree that it might not be good to walk on the slide roof, i dont do that either.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I use to walk on our reflection, no slide toppers, anytime I went to sweep the roof before moving. The guys at the factory walk and work on them before and after assembly. When we bought it new, and I did a roof inspection, there was already footprints all over the slide tops.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12