User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Random Questions: LP detector, ceiling light switch, door window, and tank locations?

Morning everyone. We did out shakedown trip this past weekend with our new Imagine XLS 21BHE and I have a couple questions:

- We used the space under the bottom bunk for the kids duffle bags. They were constantly knocking the LP detector off the mount. It was easy to put back on, but I got wondering if there is something I could put over it to protect. Kind of like the light bulb cages you can buy. Anyone do something like this?

- The switch for the ceiling lights glows blue and is really bright at night and shines onto our bed. I put a piece of paper over it to dim it, but wondered if anyone had a better solution for the long term.

- What are the locations of the different tanks? The black, I'm assuming, is in the back under the toilet. The fresh seems to be forward given where the drain value is underneath, but I'm unsure where exactly. The grey I have no idea. I ask so I better understand the impact on tongue weight?

We tested most everything and it all seemed to work...even the furnace, despite it still being end of summer here.

Thank you.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats and welcome to the Imagine family! I think I saw a half-dozen out on the road this weekend!

I know what you mean about the ceiling light switch. It's insanely bright and the Jensen clock provides plenty of "night light". I replaced the exterior light with a light-up red light (so I know if I left it on) and re-used the non-lit switch for the inside lights. There's several folks on here that have put dimmers in as well, though I didn't think it was needed as the lights are a nice hue and we don't even use them all that often. The blue switch went in the trash!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1960.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	97.6 KB 
ID:	29362

I can't help around the tank locations.. I didn't know mine definitively until I put the SeeLevel in.
    2020 Imagine 2400BH
    2021 Ram 2500 Laramie - 6.7L Cummins Turbo Diesel

BattleBorn LiFePO4 - Renogy/Victron Solar - SumoSprings - SeeLevel II

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don’t think tongue weight is impacted too much. Both tanks would be about 650# if full, so if you are under CCC ot an issue. The grey is likely forward of the black and close to the axles - just a SWAG.
    IMO none of the trailers are designed to run with full tanks. Soon as you can dump, probably a good idea.
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do empty when traveling, but i leave maybe 5 gallons in fresh for mid drive restroom breaks and lunch prep.

With respect to tongue weight I'm trying to increase it...I'm running 11% fully loaded (but empty tanks). The basement if full of site set up and break down bins. The only "stuff" in the rear of the trailer are the kids duffel bags of clothes and five camp chairs (which won't fit in the basement).

However I just ordered a Jack-it bike rack that mounts to the tongue so that is likely my solution.
    Last edited by Raife1; 09-08-2020 at 07:49 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I carry close to 15 gallons, 1/3 of tank for the same reasons. Our dogs can slime down a gallon each at a pit stop, then it takes another gallon or two to get the slobber out of the water dishes.

Have you weighed your tongue? You can measure the distance between coupler and center of the axles, coupler to tanks, couple to battery and coupler to center of stowage and calculate how much over empty tongue you are carrying. When you say 11%, how did you determine that, CAT?
    Bike rack should put close to 90% of weight on tongue, 10% on axles.
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    11% is from CAT scales...everything with wdh assembled, everything with wdh disassembled, just TV.