User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought a Furion system and it does not show an image all the time. It stays on for a little while (time varies) then it says "no signal".
    If I shut off the running lights, then turn them mon again it will start showing the image for a while, then shut off again.
    I'm working with Furion tech services but they take forever to reply.
    Just wondering if anyone here can help.
    Jay Leonard
    New Port Richey, Fl
    2022 Imagine 2600 RB, 2021 Ram 2500 CC Bighorn 6.7L Cummins

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jleonard View Post
    I bought a Furion system and it does not show an image all the time. It stays on for a little while (time varies) then it says "no signal".
    If I shut off the running lights, then turn them mon again it will start showing the image for a while, then shut off again.
    I'm working with Furion tech services but they take forever to reply.
    Just wondering if anyone here can help.
    Mine shuts off for a few seconds once in a while but always comes back on. I think its just loosing the signal briefly.

Seasoned Camper more tired since retired's Avatar
    southern Georgia, where gnats rule the world
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you looked into the setup in the monitor? I have a Furion S7 system and it is live virtually all the time. The only time I loose signal is when I'm in a high RF area, especially with those auto door openers that aren't setup right, but the signal is back after a few seconds. Also the antenna has to be vertical. Any angle and you could loose signal. Also make sure the antenna is finger tight and no moisture in the antenna mount. Lastly check the power connections. I always use dielectric grease in any electrical connection that could be exposed to moisture. Stops corrosion, water intrusion and doesn't interrupt the connection. You can pick up a tube at any auto parts store. Also works on light bulbs, your shoreline connections, trailer plugs (M&F), etc
    2020 F-250 XLT SuperCrew 7.3L Blue Ox SwayPro, 2020 Imagine 2600RB,
    1600W Solar w/525AH LiFePO4, Victron 3000W, Road Armor w/wet bolt suspension, VisionWork Camera System, Peplink MAX BR1 Pro 5G Mobile Router,MicroAir EasyStart
    Amateur Radio Call N9XGZ FMCA#489460 Escapees SKP#166379

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've double checked all the setup parameters and I think I'm good there. I removed and reconnected the power cable to the camera and taped it to try to keep moisture out.
    The antenna is vertical to the eye and a tight.
    I have a 5 hour run tomorrow to a state park I'll see how it does on the trip.
    I'll also monitor the signal strength to see if that varies as I drive.
    I thought this would be easier than it is. Oh well
    Thanks for all the suggestions eventually I'll get this figured out.
    Jay Leonard
    New Port Richey, Fl
    2022 Imagine 2600 RB, 2021 Ram 2500 CC Bighorn 6.7L Cummins

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    5 hour tow yesterday. Longest it stayed on for was 42 minutes. Next was 22 minutes. In between we’re several of 30 seconds to a few minutes.
    Appears totally random.
    As we drove from central Florida to the panhandle outside temp went from upper 80s to 72 and cloudy in the panhandle. That’s was where I got the longest image times but also some short ones.
    Wondering if there is a thermal shut off on the camera to allow a cool down

Seasoned Camper more tired since retired's Avatar
    southern Georgia, where gnats rule the world
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's a question out of left field. Is anyone using their phones, tablets or any other bluetooth or wifi device when you loose signal?
    2020 F-250 XLT SuperCrew 7.3L Blue Ox SwayPro, 2020 Imagine 2600RB,
    1600W Solar w/525AH LiFePO4, Victron 3000W, Road Armor w/wet bolt suspension, VisionWork Camera System, Peplink MAX BR1 Pro 5G Mobile Router,MicroAir EasyStart
    Amateur Radio Call N9XGZ FMCA#489460 Escapees SKP#166379

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No. Only things running are the stereo and the built in nav system.
    10 minutes ago I got another reply from Furrion. They want proof of purchase serial numbers and my mailing address. I think they may be going to replace

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like it may be under control, too bad your experience was less than stellar.

Assume you are using the complete Furrion system, ie the monitor and the camera. What size is the monitor and where did you mount it? (sorry if you already stated this)
    My 5" monitor does report loss of signal sporadicaly if it was mounted down on the console. On the dash reception is rock solid.
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiddy View Post
    Sounds like it may be under control, too bad your experience was less than stellar.

Assume you are using the complete Furrion system, ie the monitor and the camera. What size is the monitor and where did you mount it? (sorry if you already stated this)
    My 5" monitor does report loss of signal sporadicaly if it was mounted down on the console. On the dash reception is rock solid.

GWN, I like that eh! I think this hoser will go cook some back bacon and have a few beers!
    Last edited by Bungy; 09-22-2020 at 11:00 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes I have kit, camera and 4.3 inch monitor mounted on the windshield. Wife holding the monitor in several other positions didn’t make a difference.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast