User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by looknow12 View Post
    Ugh, so I need to run a wire there somehow.. :-) Any ideas? :-)
    I did some research on your question, and could find no way to convert the Furrion wireless signal to the GMC camera input signal. We did use the Furrion wireless camera with 7" monitor for several months and really liked it. But we then bought a new GMC truck and decided to simplify to one screen and put the Furrion up for sale. I found the GMC camera at a local dealer and they almost price-matched the online price.

Something to mention that you may already know: Transparent trailer requires the technology package. Mine did not have that, which I learned after installation. Still allows me to see behind the trailer, so very happy, but in hindsight would have mounted it up higher instead of right above the spare tire if I knew transparent trailer view was not available with our option packages. It does allow you to leave the rear trailer view on while driving, instead of the bed view and tailgate camera view, which turn off after eight seconds.

For mounting, not wanting to screw into the side of my rig, I bought a 3-4 foot piece of square aluminum, painted it white, and u-bolted to the spare tire carrier. The camera is mounted to that piece of aluminum. Then zip-tied the cable behind the spare tire, and along the bottom of the trailer, following the propane hose.

Again, we liked that Furrion, but am really happy with the GMC option and only having one camera.

Good luck and let me know if you have other questions.
    2020 GD Imagine 2800BH
    Was pulled by 2016 GMC Yukon Denali 6.2l
    Now pulled by 2020 GMC Sierra 2500HD Duramax

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am with the other 2. I have the GM full blown camera capability. I did not buy the camera for the back yet because I don't want to run the wire either. GM hit this one off the top of the wall.... just missed the home run. Hardwire should be an option, not the first and only option.

Travismd, the package is great. When I am towing and turn on a signal, a camera on the outside rear view mirror shoots down the side and I have full view of everything in my TV and RV blindspot. Love that feature.
    2020 Sierra 2500HD Denali
    Equalizer hitch (used Blue Ox before)
    Reflections 312bhts

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, that sounds very cool!

I gave up a lot to get the front bench seat as it only comes with the SLT. We thought the bench seat would be necessary for a family of five + dog. But when I got the truck home from Indiana, my wife said, "this cab is so big, we didn't need that front bench seat." Oh well...
    2020 GD Imagine 2800BH

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, the wives... Mine is 5'4" and said she needs a step to get to the running board step now.

I won't tell you about all the other views I get.... FYI, the technology package was an option on the SLT.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ha! Does someone make a step like that?

I recall that the technology package requires the full center console, so cannot be paired with the front bench seat.
    2020 GD Imagine 2800BH

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Travismd View Post
    Ha! Does someone make a step like that?

I recall that the technology package requires the full center console, so cannot be paired with the front bench seat.
    That maybe true. Dunno...I have had SLT before but I got a deal on a Denali. Was 1k more than a similar equipped SLT but has better looking rims and a few other items.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the ford version pulled wire through the ceiling by removing the ceiling lights down passenger side all the way back to front. My fifth wheel came with furion but didn’t want it (friends (2) spent money on wireless - cameras stopped pairing with monitors.) Hard wired you never lose signal. Takes more time but better signal.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a WVHS43 Voyager WiSight Wireless RV Backup Camera System on my Apex 24ft Trailer. It worked flawlessly and I ran it the entire time I towed. I installed a furrion on a friend's Escape and it was prewired. I just bought a 22MLE and will be putting the Voyager on instead of the Furrion. Both the Furrion and the Voyager had wiring pigtails in the box and both trailers also had the pigtail behind the cover plate. I will just mount the Voyager camera and splice the 2 wire pigtail into the wiring under the cover plate. I have nothing against the Furrion but I have another Voyager camera on my car trailer that uses the same Voyager monitor.

I installed the Voyager monitor with VHB just above my factory radio in my 2018 Titan and love the location. Since it is on all time I still have my radio screen for other uses. The only wire is a power cord to the cigarette plug.

The wiring for the camera is tied into the running lights of the trailer. For some reason Apex and other manufacturers wired the pigtail backwards and you have to switch the +/- wires. If yours doesn't work that is what you need to do.
    Dan, Ponderosa Park, CO
    2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE (SOLD)
    2023 Hiker Mid Range Deluxe 5x9 (Due Oct 2023)
    2018 Nissan Titan Crew

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiddy View Post
    Yes, that is what I’m saying, the shark fin is empty. Only the power is there, on later models (maybe since 2017 - 2018?). Some previous years had just a power connector which was always on. The on/off switch for the current arrangement is your truck’s light switch.

The Furrion is wireless.

Thanks for the link, thought that was the unit.
    I am on my 4th trailer since 2016 with the same Furrion camera. They were all wired for the camera. Two of the trailers were on all the time. So we are talking about the same camera that was on constantly for 2yrs. and 2 more yrs on and off with the truck lights and I never had a problem. I sometimes lose the signal for a few seconds, but that's it.
    Mal & Helen
    With Mitzi our Yorkie
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    2020 Reflection 303RLS Sold
    2020 Ford F250 Lariat Super Duty 4WD 6.7 Diesel Short Bed
    B&W Companion Slider
    Amateur Radio Call sign WA2TWA

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Travismd View Post
    I did some research on your question, and could find no way to convert the Furrion wireless signal to the GMC camera input signal. We did use the Furrion wireless camera with 7" monitor for several months and really liked it. But we then bought a new GMC truck and decided to simplify to one screen and put the Furrion up for sale. I found the GMC camera at a local dealer and they almost price-matched the online price.

Something to mention that you may already know: Transparent trailer requires the technology package. Mine did not have that, which I learned after installation. Still allows me to see behind the trailer, so very happy, but in hindsight would have mounted it up higher instead of right above the spare tire if I knew transparent trailer view was not available with our option packages. It does allow you to leave the rear trailer view on while driving, instead of the bed view and tailgate camera view, which turn off after eight seconds.

For mounting, not wanting to screw into the side of my rig, I bought a 3-4 foot piece of square aluminum, painted it white, and u-bolted to the spare tire carrier. The camera is mounted to that piece of aluminum. Then zip-tied the cable behind the spare tire, and along the bottom of the trailer, following the propane hose.

Again, we liked that Furrion, but am really happy with the GMC option and only having one camera.

Good luck and let me know if you have other questions.
    Great feedback. Question, where does the wiring harness connect to the truck? Is there a harness to connect to near the bumper? We are getting a Yukon diesel when they start shipping.
    2021 Grand Design Imagine XLS 23BHE
    2021 GMC Yukon Denali W/Duramax

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast