User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When going through the Redwood Forest, and time permits, get off the 101 and drive Avenue of the Giants. While on the route, visit the stops they have. There are some AMAZING trees back there. There are a couple trees that are down and it gives you a real good idea how big these things are.

Seasoned Camper
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrickCrotty View Post
    Great stuff all. I say Napa Valley, but we are from Wetumpka Al and this trip will take us to Colorado, Utah, Yosemite, Napa Valley, the Redwood Forest, MT Hood and Rainier, Seattle WA, Vancouver, Glacier NP, Yellowstone, Rushmore, and then gradually head southeast towards home. So, anything you got in addition to the Napa Valley, we will take.

Keep it coming! Thanks!

Patrick
    Patrick,

That sounds awesome and very similar to our loop only in reverse. When are you guys leaving and what time frame are you doing it? I figured north first due to heat in August, but like I said, we are totally open to suggestions.

Brent
    Brent & Gina
    2018 Ford F250 PSD Crew Cab
    SuperGlide 16K Hitch
    Grand Design 303 RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott and Jan View Post
    Brent & Gina. We echo the reccomendations for Grand Tetons and Cody, WY. Two of our favorite places from our trip out West in 2011. You've got to eat at Buffalo Bill's Irma Hotel. The buffalo brisket on the buffet - Wow!!
    The wildlife in Yellowstone is awesome. Buffalo, elk, mule deer, brown & grizzly bear, moose, fox, .....
    Now I'm ready to go back! Have fun.
    We loved it there so we're going back! It's very neat to relive something cool you've seen before. After that, on to "whatever's over the hill...".
    Brent & Gina
    2018 Ford F250 PSD Crew Cab
    SuperGlide 16K Hitch
    Grand Design 303 RLS

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brent & Gina - I can't wait to get to go back. By far our best trip ever. We are still working age (40's) so taking enough time off work to get there and enjoy it is tough. We took 34 days off with no pay last time-ouch! The only downfall of being self employed. We will do it again! Hopefully multiple times.

Patrick - there is so much to see and do out there, this forum could never hold it all. Some excellent sites are: Utah - Bryce Canyon, Zion, Arches, & Monument Valley National Parks.
    South Dakota - when you see Mt Rushmore plan to spend several days in the Blackhills area. Very pretty. Custer State Park is worth a few days alone. Badlands NP also.
    I don't remember if AZ was on your list but we enjoyed the little town of Winslow. Very nice people and there was an antique car show while we were there. Eagles tribute "Standing on the corner in Winslow, AZ" was cool too.

Again to both of you, have fun and take lots of pics!
    Scott and Jan Platt Ocala, FL
    Cameron(Son) & Chica(chihuahua)
    2014 Reflection 337RLS
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD 4X4, Crew Cab, Dually, Diesel
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Canadianbro
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    One of the best kept secrets is the Culinary Institude of California. I would highly recommend it, this is an experience that you will never forget. It is a reservations are a MUST.
    I would second this as well. In fact we were more impressed with the insittute than the wineries in Napa. Overpriced hype.

We really preferred Sonoma valley and the town of Sonoma itself is great.

If you're coming all the way up the coast to Vancouver, make a point of circling back thru the Okanagan valley. This area is a growing wine region with some really cool spots and many still don't charge tastings or will refund your tasting fee against the purchase of some wine. One of our favorites is Platinum Bench Winery in Oliver. Freinds of ours who have combined thier winery with artisan breads baked on site daily and combined with cheeses. The area is about 3-4 hours drive thru the coastal Mountians east of Vancouver.

Cheers,

Paul

Jthamilton
    Head north of Denver to Laramie then swing down to the Yampa Valley State park west of Steamboat Springs. It's a beautiful town, lots of activities here or just sit and relax in our mountains. Let me know if you want to consider this and I will give you little more info. Then you can head north towards Yellowstone from here. We're planning on heading to Jackson Hole area this summer for few days and it's 7 hours from Steamboat.

Norcalrv1
    Be sure to spend time in the Grand Tetons when you get to Yellowstone. The mountains are something to see. We have camped at Coulter Bay in the Tetons many times. I found out 37 foot 5th wheel to be to large for the campsites, so we did not stay long. That was unfortunate; that was last summer. Mount Rushmore is something every American must see. As you leave Rapid City you will see Mt. Rushmore on your right and there is a turn out there. Stop and take it in. When to get to Mount Rushmore you will enter a parking garage and pay $10.00 and then walk to the exhibit. It will make you realize what our founding fathers had in mind. Spearfish has a city park which is great for camping and I highly recommend staying there. From there you can also get up to Sturgis for a visit. The motorcycle museum is really amazing. The California Coastal Redwoods are worth seeing, they only exist in Calif.
    You have great trip planned; enjoy
    Rod Zebb
    2014 337 RLS
    2014 RAM 3500

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12