User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

imagine 17mke hitch height and wdh

hello all, new to forums, so sorry if this is posted in the wrong place. just ordered a 2021 imagine 17mke, and want to get the truck ready to haul it home when it arrives.
    my first question is, with the trailer level and on level ground, what is the measurement from the ground to the top of the coupler ? also, what wdh and/or sway control do guys use? my tow vehicle is a 2006 dodge ram 2500 cummins 2wd all stock.

thanks!

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bullrocky View Post
    hello all, new to forums, so sorry if this is posted in the wrong place. just ordered a 2021 imagine 17mke, and want to get the truck ready to haul it home when it arrives.
    my first question is, with the trailer level and on level ground, what is the measurement from the ground to the top of the coupler ? also, what wdh and/or sway control do guys use? my tow vehicle is a 2006 dodge ram 2500 cummins 2wd all stock.

thanks!
    Hi and welcome to the group. On our 22mle, which be similar measurements to yours I believe it 22 or 23in. As for WDH, I use the Husky Centerline. Works as advertise but my only little complaint is that it's a little noisy in turns. If I had to start over, I would consider the Blue Ox.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you, that helps! i have been looking at the blue ox, and the andersen no-sway.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ve been using the Andersen WDH for five years now across three different trailers and am very satisfied with its performance and with Andersen’s willingness to stand behind their warranty.

See this thread about their warranty:
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...676#post302676
    2010 Tundra SR5 DC 5.7L 4x4
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Andersen WDH
    Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension Kit
    2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
    2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bullrocky View Post

thanks!
    I would think that with a 2500 truck and that size trailer you wouldn't need a WDH at all. It would be much quicker to connect the trailer without one.
    ~Dean

2019 Ford F250 Supercab, 6.2L
    2023 GD Imagine AIM 18BH
    2012 Harley FLHRC, Deep Purple,; 2012 Honda PCX150
    "Auctioneer, specializing in FL onsite auctions"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSwick View Post
    I would think that with a 2500 truck and that size trailer you wouldn't need a WDH at all. It would be much quicker to connect the trailer without one.
    i would agree with you, i have been towing a slightly smaller trailer for several years without one, but my owners manual says to use one with trailers over 5000 lbs. and the online research i have done says over 5000 lbs, or if your trailer exceeds 50% of your tow vehicle gvwr. for the extra few hundred bucks, would rather be safe than sorry..!