User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Air Bags or Super Spring?

Getting ready to put some extra strength in our Chevy 3500 tail end to help with sagging. Not sure to go with Air bags or Super springs. Would like to read some feed back on both options from the community and what they went with.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SNs2011 View Post
    Getting ready to put some extra strength in our Chevy 3500 tail end to help with sagging. Not sure to go with Air bags or Super springs. Would like to read some feed back on both options from the community and what they went with.
    Many folks use air bags which work good. I chose Sumo Springs 1000lb to help with a little squat. Set them and forget them. Only time I notice them when not towing is a little kick back going over speed bumps in my neighborhood. No maintenance, don’t worry about a bag getting punctured. But for those benefits, I forego having the ability to adjust them, which I don’t need in my particular situation. YMMV
    2010 Tundra SR5 DC 5.7L 4x4
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Andersen WDH
    Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension Kit
    2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
    2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have airbags and very happy with the results. I have no experience with sumo springs so I cant compare. I like I can adjust the unloaded ride as well with air bags which has made a difference. I went with manual fill air bags and chose not to do an on board compressor. If i traveled with the camper more than just weekends i would definitely do an on board compressor setup. I've had the bags on my truck almost 4 years now and have no complaints about them.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We like or air bags, on the F450 it has an incredibly smooth ride when it's empty, a lot smoother than the Ford F 350. So with the airbags to help level when fully loaded we can put it back to stock configuration when it's not loaded for the smooth ride. When we added the extra Springs on our F250 it made the ride extremely harsh at all times unless fully loaded.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also went with the 1000 lb Sumo Springs in my 1500 Ram pickup. They replace the "bump stops" on the truck. No difference at all when unloaded as they barely touch the axle , and very little sag when the trailer is hooked up.
    I like them because they are install and forget. No need to air them up or deflate them when the load is off.
    Jay Leonard
    New Port Richey, Fl
    2022 Imagine 2600 RB, 2021 Ram 2500 CC Bighorn 6.7L Cummins

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have sumosprings on the trailer. Choose bags for the truck for better control.
    2022 Momentum 351M-R
    2019 Ford F450 Platinum CC 6.7L Powerstroke FX4; Truck Covers USA American Work Tonneau; B&W 25K hitch; Airlift 5000 Ultimate+ w/WirelessAir; ZRoadZ back-up lamps
    Gone: 2018 Reflection 28BH; 2017 Ford F350 Platinum CCSB 6.7L Powerstroke FX4; 2015 GMC Denali 2500HD CCSB Dmax
    Gone but still in the family: 2004.5 Chev 2500HD CCSB LTZ Dmax

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We appreciate everyones replies. I have calls out for pricing on bags. Thinking of going with Load Lifter 5000.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We appreciate everyones replies. I have calls out for pricing on bags. Thinking of going with Load Lifter 5000.
    I also have the Load Lifter 5000. Did the install myself, wasnt terrible. So far, happy with them, I've had them on the truck for close to 4 years.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the Load Lifter 5000/w remoter on board compressor and I don't worry about them the on board compressor keep at less 5 psi in the bags unless I'm towing been doing this for years.
    2022 GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    2023 North Point 310RLTS
    MSG Retired Army