User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reflection 31MB - Slide rack install for portables?

Hi folks,
    I've got a 2021 Reflection 31MB and an etrailer dual 5.5 Kw inverter kit as seen here:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	generators.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	33.2 KB 
ID:	29383

I am interested in a semi-permanent mounting of these in the front compartment. I've seen people put them on sliding trays like this:

Name:	sliding trays.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	35.9 KB 
ID:	29384

My idea is to pull them out when I want to use them and let them run outdoors. I am looking for feedback on this idea. Also, is it possible to plumb into the electrical system up front so that I can plug in up there? I assume the solar connection stuff might make this possible.

Any thoughts on this are appreciated. Thank you!

- Matt

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Might be noisy in that area? Not sure about getting CO into unit also. I mostly leave in truck bed.
    Bob and Cheryl, Puka the doodle
    2018 Ram 2500 Crew,Diesel,4x4
    2016 Reflection 27RL
    2012 Palomino 6.5 camper

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattsmall1972 View Post
    Hi folks,
    I've got a 2021 Reflection 31MB and an etrailer dual 5.5 Kw inverter kit as seen here:

Name:	generators.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	33.2 KB 
ID:	29383

I am interested in a semi-permanent mounting of these in the front compartment. I've seen people put them on sliding trays like this:

Name:	sliding trays.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	35.9 KB 
ID:	29384

My idea is to pull them out when I want to use them and let them run outdoors. I am looking for feedback on this idea. Also, is it possible to plumb into the electrical system up front so that I can plug in up there? I assume the solar connection stuff might make this possible.

Any thoughts on this are appreciated. Thank you!

- Matt
    Hi Matt,

I’ve got a 31MB as well and have also been wrestling around the idea of where to put a generator. I would consider some sort of metal flex tube to attach to the exhaust so you can route the exhaust away in order to avoid CO2. Only other thing would be as the previous post said...the noise. Not sure how much it would rattle the camper too. I saw a video on YouTube somebody did a diamond plate box to house the generator on the rear of the camper that looked interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2020 F250 Tremor 7.3L 4.30axle
    2020 Reflection 31MB

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reflection 31MB - Slide rack install for portables?

Did you wind up installing the genny up front?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have not yet installed it. Been too busy camping. 😀

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am currently running an Onan i4500 in the truck bed between the pickup box bulkhead and in front of the the fifth wheel hitch with no issues. I’m sure there would be enough room between the hitch and tailgate for another generator. From a security standpoint the generator would be less likely to be tampered with and protected somewhat from weather.
    I am very interested in how someone would be able to reroute the power connection to the front.
    One last note, I also have a BAK Flip hard cover so when disconnected everything in the bed is locked up.
    2017 F-250 6.7 2019 273 MK
    Retired Tanker Yanker
    My your pleasures be many and your troubles be few!

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    CAUTION
    Having gas stored in an enclosed area can be deadly. The gas tanks on the generators are vented, so fumes can build up. I would recommend adding additional venting to the front compartment if you plan to store them there. Just my 02
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gen set stored and used in truck bed

Ventilation should always be of concern with flammable liquids. Unless I missed something part of being CARB compliant, is vapors can not be vented to atmosphere during storage and transport. Yes the fuel container my vent when opened, however, it should be done in a controlled environment. The attached pictures represent the hard cover orientation during fifth wheel transport and with gen set running.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D6E0579C-B307-4BFA-B169-6D584C277BF0.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	30810 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8A4BE140-8F9E-4310-A880-8EE348D9041D.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	1.24 MB 
ID:	30809 The truck bed is not exactly air tight even with the cover closed and locked.
    2017 F-250 6.7 2019 273 MK
    Retired Tanker Yanker
    My your pleasures be many and your troubles be few!