User Tag List

Thread: Tvs, problem

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Tvs, problem

New 2nd owners of a 2016 Solitude 369RL - in seasonal campground hooked up to cable tv also with independent router for WiFi - tv in living room works great - reception in bedroom and additional tv in outside storage area has frequent “pixelating” and interference - have changed/tightened/checked cable connections on both problem tvs with no improvement - ?suggestions?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Many hidden splitters behind wall plates (not necessarily easy to see) probably a loose connection on a splitter somewhere.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That’s what the problem seemed to be - after a ton of looking we finally found th splitter and tightened everything - fingers crossed! Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KandKandW20! View Post
    That’s what the problem seemed to be - after a ton of looking we finally found th splitter and tightened everything - fingers crossed! Thanks
    I have a used 2014 369RL also, and having similar issues. Our "convenience center" may be a different style than yours. Ours is the Kant-leak (which leaks, ironically ;-), and only has one input for cable. After much futzing around and tightening and upgrading cables and what not, I finally have Xfinity TV and internet working in the entertainment center. But our bedroom has two jacks, presumably one for antenna and one for cable (neither is labeled). I can't seem to get any cable signal there on either jack. So I'm suspicious that there must be a bad splitter connection buried somewhere.

If you can explain where you found any splitter(s), I would really appreciate it. I presume somewhere behind the convenience center. I have yet to pull those panels and get behind there, so don't really have any knowledge of what's back there.

Thanks in advance!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A follow up to my other question. There are also dual coax connections in the big storage area under the bedroom. Is that meant to connect to a TV outside? And any idea how the signals get there, and whether or not they are fed from that single input at the utility center, and the antenna like the others?

Another fear I have is that since this is a 2014, maybe the coax buried in the walls isn't true "digital" quality coax. That was ultimately one of my issues getting this all working in the RV park we are at. The cable I was connecting from the rig to the post was not a high quality cable, and so I could only get cable or internet, but the signal wasn't strong enough for both. Replacing with some good cables from Xfinity solved that issue.

Thanks again for any help!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On our Reflection 2018 303, we have three input connections on our Nautilus panel. Cable, satellite and aux. Cable is split inside the rig and foes to the curb side basement compartment, living room and bedroom. Antenna shares that same wiring and is provided with a booster. booster on mean you want antenna. Booster off means you want cable. the other two from the panel are dedicated for satellite. Satellite goes directly to the living room, aux goes directly to the bedroom. There is also a third input near the panel labeled passthrough which jumps over from drivers side to burb side in the basement. I believe your two connections in the bedroom and basement are for cable and the other is the dedicated run for satellite.
    Allyn & Sue
    2018 Reflection 303RLS
    2016 F350 Lariat PS 6.7
    Andersen Ultimate Connection 2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We found the splitter inside the cabinet next to the living room tv - had to pull the entire contraption out to access and tighten everything - so far so good and all 3 TVs working (living room, bedroom and in basement storage for outside viewing) - not the best of designs!