User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stud Locations on 399?

Kind of frustrated. I had read somewhere (maybe here?) that you could call GD and they would give you a blueprint that shows where the studs are, but I just called and they said they don’t share that info until after the rig is out of the warranty period. She couldn’t tell me anything other than that aluminum studs are 4’ apart.

Has anyone successfully used a stud finder? Or is there another trick with aluminum? Thank you!

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stud finders dont typically work. Best bet is to have the heat on inside on a cold night/day and in the morning you can see the lines of the studs on the outside of the camper from the difference in condensation to no condensation. The studs dont have insulation inside them so the condensation effect on the outside of the camper is different on where the studs are located. Hope that makes sense, it's the best I way I could think to explain it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could use a stud finder if it is the density finding type versus the magnetic type that looks for nails/screws.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You need a stud finder rated for metal studs
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool, so sounds like I might have a few options. Thank you all!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jillhope7 View Post
    Kind of frustrated. I had read somewhere (maybe here?) that you could call GD and they would give you a blueprint that shows where the studs are, but I just called and they said they don’t share that info until after the rig is out of the warranty period. She couldn’t tell me anything other than that aluminum studs are 4’ apart.

Has anyone successfully used a stud finder? Or is there another trick with aluminum? Thank you!
    Of if you're in a warmer climate like Florida you can turn on the AC to about 70 deg overnight and in the morning the outside condensation will reveal the stud locations. Kind of like the old invisible ink trick.
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’ve received a few different prints from GD already so shouldn’t be an issue.
    I wanted to know tank locations, as well as studs in garage area and they sent it to me no problem.
    2021 Momentum 381M (Ordered 3/6/2020, Delivered 8/27/2020)
    -- Full Body Paint, MORryde IS 7k w/ disc brakes, Gen-Y Gooseneck conversion, 3 AC, Heat Pump, Dual Pane Windows, Slide Toppers, Residential Fridge

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Have you tried asking at the other place, Some folks there have drawings.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FirstAscent View Post
    I’ve received a few different prints from GD already so shouldn’t be an issue.
    I wanted to know tank locations, as well as studs in garage area and they sent it to me no problem.
    You must have gotten lucky. They clearly told me they wouldn’t give me prints until after the 1-year warranty period was over and my rig is a 2021. Did you get yours right away?

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post
    Have you tried asking at the other place, Some folks there have drawings.
    By ‘the other place’ do you mean the more general RV forum that’s not brand specific?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast