Look at the GD 31G
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...l=1#post320637

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @TerryH / @bfoley

Regarding the 31G, do you know if the garage height (actually, the clearance under the HappyJack, more specifically) is less than on the 5th Wheels?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When you say you used 1/2 a tank of fuel in one day using the generator - what size tank are you talking about? We are considering doing a lot of boondocking but if it costs a significant amount of money to run the generator that would be crazy. Thanks!

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zebra35 View Post
    When you say you used 1/2 a tank of fuel in one day using the generator - what size tank are you talking about? We are considering doing a lot of boondocking but if it costs a significant amount of money to run the generator that would be crazy. Thanks!
    This thread is almost 2 years old since the last response. Might want to start a new one if you have questions or use the search function. My 399 had the 5.5k Onan and would average 0.8gph.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    This thread is almost 2 years old since the last response. Might want to start a new one if you have questions or use the search function. My 399 had the 5.5k Onan and would average 0.8gph.
    Thank you for that info - I think I will start another post. But with your answer, are you saying that you almost use a gallon of gas an hour? And right now that could be almsot $100 per day? I guess I really need to make sure I have a good solar set-up?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bcv1218 View Post
    OK, here is my suggestion and where I went wrong after owning multiple trailers the past 30 years and buying my latest trailer (2019 28G Momentum (new)). Take the money you will spend on the new trailer and truck and find a nice piece of land that fits your needs (with cabin w/o cabin). This will save you countless hours working with GD, service centers, not having your trailer due to it being in the service center for weeks etc. You will avoid empty promises by GD (or for that matter any other trailer manufacturer), terrible service from service reps etc. I can say my 28G Momentum is the most expensive trailer I have purchased and the one with the most significant issues. My overall plan was to purchase the 28G and then in 6-10 years after retirement upgrade to a larger toy hauling 5th wheel. This latest purchase has changed all that. If I could go back a year knowing now what I know with how much the industry has declined in quality, this is what I would do. Good luck on your decision.
    The grass is not always greener on the other side. I purchased land and built what I hoped to be my retirement home on the TX gulf coast. More work than I could have imagined. When it came time to hire help to work on septic system, sprinkler irrigation system, A/C or Heating systems etc it was a major headache. Hard to find qualified, professional tradesmen in a small town. Every scenario has its problems.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LMychajluk View Post
    Looking at the Lipert Ground Control Installation manual, they recommend 7" of clearance. Seems a bit low, but they also say "Any additional ground clearance added to the jack location will decrease the amount of level correction available to the system", so it sound like you can move the jack up a bit if needed. On your unit, is there no way to move the jack up the bracket a few bolt holes and then just use some blocks as needed? If it's as bad as you say, it might be worth the inconvenience of the blocks. What's the stroke length of the jack pistons (I can't seem to find this in the specs)?

Just a thought...
    I had this same issue with my last camper---40' Keystone Montana and it was not meant to be in the boondocking and BLM spots that we camped in but I made it work. I move all six of the jacks up higher and then used stackable blocks to supplement for the added piston stroke and it worked awesome! The biggest problem was maneuvering a 40' huge 5 slide camper in the woods and on the small dirt roads. We just recently downgraded to a 32' for a better weekend camping experience and less stress getting to the remote places we love.
    40+ Year Camping Enthusiast--Living in CO
    2022 GMC Sierra 3500 AT4 CC-LB D-Max Payload 3865#--- 5000 Air Springs w/Wireless Comp
    2022 GD Reflection 303RLS-- 565 watts of solar/560aH of LIPO4 batteries, 2000w inverter,
    DC Starllink- Comfort Ride Shock System and Lippert Air Pin Box

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234