User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Simply to make lasting memories with our girls. And owning an RV means I have my own bathroom! Just hope those two reasons never mix!
    2018 Reflection 28BH
    Andersen Ultimate Hitch ISR Version
    Predator 3500W Inverter Generator
    2017 Ram 3500 Mega cab SRW w/6.4L Hemi, Ramboxes, Active Air Rear Suspension
    2017 Aluma 8214HS
    2015 Lund Crossover 1775 XS

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm probably a bit different than most on this one. For one, I travel 100% of the time for work. I was so sick of hotels and extended stay hotels that I began to prefer temporary apartments that I'd typically be in for 6 months to a year while on a project. After packing to move out of my last one, I'd had enough and made the decision to do this. It took about 7 months to make it happen.

I also have a 2400 square foot sticks and bricks money pit (house). Frankly my Reflection is way nicer than that hell hole. All that place ever did was light my cash on fire and break my body with major renovations that were akin to polishing a turd...
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
    2020 Ram 3500 SRW
    https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7803/4...56f2161a_m.jpg

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was all about our puppies. My wife and I had been in the RV business for 20+ years and swore we would never own one. Well, after several years of travel, Europe and Asia, and having someone babysit our doggies, we finally got back in. We got a little Jayco about 6 yrs ago and haven't traveled without them since. We wouldn't trade it for the world. Our kids use our timeshare, which is fine, since it's theirs anyway at some point but we don't miss the flights and rental cars and all that goes with that lifestyle. Not leaving our most special family members behind anymore. Our grand daughters are now getting old enough to go with us so it will be what we do. Life is good...
    2018 Reflection 303RLS
    2006 Chev 2500HD Duramax CC/SB/4X4
    Superglide2700 Bakflip F1

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We use our RV in what, to us, feels like two different types of trips. Sometimes our RV is nothing more than a personal hotel room. We go to a city, and the trip is all about visiting that city. All our meals (typically other than breakfast) are enjoyed in area restaurants. We are out all day long and get back late at night, only to use the RV to wind down, get ready for bed and sleep. Other trips, are planned around "camping" as being the main focus. Making dinner at the campground and enjoying the fire at night.

We love both types of trips and appreciate the flexibility that an RV allows.
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CruisinTx,

Everyone has there own reasons, but here is mine. P.S. we retire in 6 years and will really start the journey then.

RV'ing is not for everyone, but as one friend always tells us about living in an RV, "Oh, I keep forgetting you guys actually like each other".

My wife and I have always loved the short travels while working and talked about full-timing in retirement, including campground hosting, etc.

We stumbled on a piece of property on the Oregon coast last year that is zoned to live in your RV. We'll have some money into it to get it set up with an RV cover, garage, etc. It will serve as base camp when not traveling or snowbirding. property taxes and utilities will only be in the area of $300-350/month. Keep our overhead down and free up money for traveling 6-8 months a year.
    Replaced my tired 2004 Dodge 2500 with a new 2020 Ram 3500 dually in prep for 40' 5'er to replace the current bumper pull.

Good luck with your travels.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rockaway.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	97.4 KB 
ID:	29543

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My motivation was pretty easy. I grew up a military brat ( served in Army myself later) and my parents loved camping. We camped all over the country when I was little and even in Europe. The Army shipped a brand new 1969 Ford F250 with a 12 ft cabover camper, remember those lol, to Germany and we camped all over Europe. I got back into it about 4 years ago at the request of my daughter and now my 4 yr old grandson loves it! I started thinking about doing it full time when I retire in 4-5 years and I love the idea. Reading so much about it on here and other sites sealed the deal. I now have the truck and trailer I want to full time in. It's an expensive but fulfilling hobby and I'm enjoying it immensely.
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Simple - freedom.

Support in a longer answer...
    I leave my stuff (toiletries, phone chargers, hair dryer, ...even clothes) in the rig. I go get it when I want with minimal packing.

Dogs come with...no worry and hunt for boarding reservations.

I stay for a day or a week. Lots of VRBO and AirBnB are week long. Most are min stay.

If I break it...no one else to answer to.

If I don't like the dishes, or handles or ... I can change it.

If one of the kids "has to go" I just pull over. No butts out the window like John Levitz in Rat Race.

It isn't for everyone. You need to list out what YOUR reason for considering it is and ...DO THE MATH.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisinTx View Post
    What was your motivation to start RVing?
    To spend winters in Palm Springs where I can exercise outdoors all winter without wearing three layers of clothes and freezing.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We bought a Honda Talon SXS a year ago. Since getting it my wife (Cheryl) and I have fallen in love with riding and the peace and great beauty of creation. We just ordered a 31G toy hauler so we can enjoy riding the SXS more and enjoy being with each other more. It's such a blessing for your spouce to be your best friend.

2021 Momentum 31G
    2021 20' Haulmark Edge race trailer
    '17 Ram CCLB 3500 dually 6.7 turbo
    '96 Chevy C3500 CC dually 454
    2019 Honda Talon X
    1985 Honda FL350R Odyssey

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In a nut shell, more/cheaper vacations. Before it was one or two good vacations a year. With hotels and eating out they were breaking the bank. Now we can go once a month for a week or long weekend. (I have 4 weeks a year vacation and will plan better next year) Immediately after taking the delivery came Covid-19 and now, buying a TT seems like an ever better idea.

Have bathroom, will travel.

I enjoy cooking outside (no restaurant bills) and we have no problem finding something to due regardless of where we are at.
    Charles and Susan
    2021 Ram 3500 Laramie, 6.4 Hemi, 4x4 CCSB
    2021 337rls w/ Andersen hitch.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast