Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Imagine 2800BH axle upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    The upgrade happens at the factory during the manufacturing process. They put the sticker on the RV as it comes off the line reflecting the higher GVWR. Aftermarket upgrades (such as our MORryde IS) do not change the GVWR. I'm not referring to my unit - I'm referring to the factory upgrade 8K option that started being offered earlier this year. There have been lengthy discussions about this in another forum.

Rob
    How come when GD upgraded the Imagine 2800BH axles to 4400lb they didn't increase the GVWR beyond 7995? Is there something magical about 8K they don't want to cross on the sticker?

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was the new axles put on after the trailer was already built. If it was it was too late to change the sticker, The axles would have to have been done as they were building the trailer. There are a lot of factors that go into setting the GVWR that could keep from changing the sticker. A big one is the tires.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GD made the change at the factory, I think mid-2020, but definitely all 2021's have the new axles. Mine is a 2021. I suspect they simply didn't get a GVWR change approved during the pandemic when they made the changes. But I would like to know what they think is safe. The tires are E load rating so they have plenty of spare capacity. They kept adding features and weight and simply reduced the cargo capacity for 2021 models. CCC is only about 1200 lbs now, which is crazy, since you basically would need all your tanks empty to stay under 7995 with propane, batteries, hitch, food, and gear. Everyone is going to be overweight now.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottK View Post
    GD made the change at the factory, I think mid-2020, but definitely all 2021's have the new axles. Mine is a 2021....
    Can you clarify? Are you saying all 2021 model Momentums now have 8k axles? Including -M and - Gs? I'm in the process of getting quotes, and am being told that the 8k axles are still not an option on the -G class 5th wheels, and are optional on the -M class.

Thanks.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LMychajluk View Post
    Can you clarify? Are you saying all 2021 model Momentums now have 8k axles? Including -M and - Gs? I'm in the process of getting quotes, and am being told that the 8k axles are still not an option on the -G class 5th wheels, and are optional on the -M class.

Thanks.
    He is talking specifically about the Imagine 2800BH.
    2022 Transcend Xplor 240ML
    2019 Imagine XLS 17MKE (sold 8/22)
    2017 Ford F-150 XLT 5.0 Fx4
    Blue Ox WDH

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry for the confusion - I added a different model to the thread since there seems to be inside connection here. I'm talking only about Imagine 2800BH. Momentum's are awesome, but not for my preferred forested campground locations that have a strict 32' limit..

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottK View Post
    How come when GD upgraded the Imagine 2800BH axles to 4400lb they didn't increase the GVWR beyond 7995? Is there something magical about 8K they don't want to cross on the sticker?
    They probably changed/upgraded the axles to something more appropriate for the existing GVWR. There is a lot more that goes into GVWR than just axles.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck.N View Post
    This is exactly what we heard from GD. I asked about upgraded (24k) pin boxes, and got no response.
    Did you ever hear from GD about the pin box? I upgraded to 8K axles on my 381M and I don't want to purchase the wrong capture plate for my Pullrite 2315.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stunuffer View Post
    Did you ever hear from GD about the pin box? I upgraded to 8K axles on my 381M and I don't want to purchase the wrong capture plate for my Pullrite 2315.
    I did not. I ordered the capture plate for the rubber Morryde pin box. Part number 331707. I have the 2315, too.

Speaking of the 2315, where did you get yours? I had to go to the factory. None of the dealers had stock.
    Chuck & Madelyn
    2021 M399th
    2020 Ram 3500 Laramie 4x4 MC DRW

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck.N View Post
    I did not. I ordered the capture plate for the rubber Morryde pin box. Part number 331707. I have the 2315, too.

Speaking of the 2315, where did you get yours? I had to go to the factory. None of the dealers had stock.
    After 2 weeks of searching I was able to purchase one from Dale's Super Store. It's being drop shipped from Pullrite's factory in Indiana.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast