User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Furnace fan won’t quit running

My furnace fan in my 2950 RL runs even when thermostat is in off position, noticed it was draining my battery while towing, any ideas?

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm suprised no one has any ideas for you. Can anyone offer up suggestions ??
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    My furnace fan in my 2950 RL runs even when thermostat is in off position, noticed it was draining my battery while towing, any ideas?
    Without knowing details of your rig and thermostat - what I've seen in the past is a short in the wires to the furnace - normally right at the furnace where the wires enter the metal shroud. Again depending upon your specifics it could also be a the board not shutting off the fan - this is doubtful. Try puling the 12VDC fuse and then replacing it and see if the furnace fan starts right back up (with the thermostat in the off position). If it does not after doing this, then cycle the furnace (operate it it with heat) and then see if it shuts off after the cycle.

Mark
    2014 HDT Volvo 780 "Baby Bird"
    2016 Smart Car "Baby Bird Turd" - on the back
    2020 Momentum 376THS
    We're both proud USAF Retirees...

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RV Tech View Post
    Without knowing details of your rig and thermostat - what I've seen in the past is a short in the wires to the furnace - normally right at the furnace where the wires enter the metal shroud. Again depending upon your specifics it could also be a the board not shutting off the fan - this is doubtful. Try puling the 12VDC fuse and then replacing it and see if the furnace fan starts right back up (with the thermostat in the off position). If it does not after doing this, then cycle the furnace (operate it it with heat) and then see if it shuts off after the cycle.

Mark
    Forgot to ask - is the furnace really operating or is it just the fan? If the furnace is operating and heating - may be the thermostat.

Mark
    2014 HDT Volvo 780 "Baby Bird"
    2016 Smart Car "Baby Bird Turd" - on the back
    2020 Momentum 376THS
    We're both proud USAF Retirees...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just returned after Five days and I noticed the same thing in our Imagine XLS 22MLE. I turned Fan on Auto, and then Off, but it continues to run. Plugged into shore power at home (30 Amp).
    Karl - USMC - DAV 🇺🇸
    2004 Ford F-350 Powerstroke Super-duty 6.0L (Bulletproofed 😁) 202k miles | 2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22 MLE | Trailer Tires: Goodyear Endurance ‘D’ rated

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, maybe not the Furnace Blower, this is coming from the square electronic panel below the Pantry that has the AC’s Main Breaker and fuses, this fan continues without stopping. ��
    Karl - USMC - DAV 🇺🇸
    2004 Ford F-350 Powerstroke Super-duty 6.0L (Bulletproofed 😁) 202k miles | 2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22 MLE | Trailer Tires: Goodyear Endurance ‘D’ rated

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pulled the 30 Amp shore power plug and it stopped, but when I plugged the power back in, the fan started running again. 🤷🏼

Is it normal for it to run like this? We were only 47 miles away.
    Karl - USMC - DAV 🇺🇸

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KGoesele View Post
    Pulled the 30 Amp shore power plug and it stopped, but when I plugged the power back in, the fan started running again. ����

Is it normal for it to run like this? We were only 47 miles away.
    Sounds like it is the fan for the converter which provides 12 volts DC and charges your battery
    2018 297RSTS
    2018 GMC Denali HD

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by srobins View Post
    Sounds like it is the fan for the converter which provides 12 volts DC and charges your battery
    I’m trying to find out if it is normal operation for the Power Converter breakers and fuses panel fan to continuously run, or will it eventually turn-off at some point? I unplugged the shore power and used my Lippert Connect app to check my batteries charge, it read 12.9V. Plugged in, the app reads 13.5V. 2 x 12V Deep Cycle Lead Acid batteries connected in parallel. It is late so I left it be for overnight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Karl - USMC - DAV 🇺🇸

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by srobins View Post
    Found this on YT:

https://youtu.be/dcnMew3fU0g

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Karl - USMC - DAV 🇺🇸

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast