Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HELP!!!! No Hot Water

Hello All,
    I need urgent help with my hot water. I just bought a new GD 367bhs Reflection. We just pulled into the campground, our first in the new rig. My wife wants to shower so I turned both hot water LP and Electric switches on. I turned on the hot water to let out all air then let the everything sit for 40 minutes. We have no hot water. I checked the lights on the switches and they are both lit up. I checked outside hot water and pilot is not on, not clicking, nothing. Also electric is not heating the water. What am I doing wrong. Also fuses are good.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you checked to make sure the wh is not in bypass mode? Check your valves to make sure water is going into the water heater.
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NicNKat View Post
    Hello All,
    I need urgent help with my hot water. I just bought a new GD 367bhs Reflection. We just pulled into the campground, our first in the new rig. My wife wants to shower so I turned both hot water LP and Electric switches on. I turned on the hot water to let out all air then let the everything sit for 40 minutes. We have no hot water. I checked the lights on the switches and they are both lit up. I checked outside hot water and pilot is not on, not clicking, nothing. Also electric is not heating the water. What am I doing wrong. Also fuses are good.
    Make sure you don't have the hot and cold water on for your outside spray nozzle in the wet bay.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Redapple63 View Post
    Have you checked to make sure the wh is not in bypass mode? Check your valves to make sure water is going into the water heater.
    The valve is up how the diagram shows. Also the purge at the water heater has water when I release it.
    On my last rig I could hear the gas and the ignition working, meaning it would click until ignited. This one nothing is going on, like the LP is not even doing anything and there is no flame in it.
    Also electric being on for an our is doing nothing. Its as if both electric and LP are not working.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Super_Design_16_21 View Post
    Make sure you don't have the hot and cold water on for your outside spray nozzle in the wet bay.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Spray is off on both hot in cold in bay. The water isn't even warm. Still nothing. I wonder if the electric and gas run on the same electricity 🤔. I don't hear the LP clicking to ignite either

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On your switch board, inside the trailer, where you turn the water heater on to either gas or electric, do you have an indicator light that says “DSI Fault”? If so, is that on? I had that issue and it turned out to be the control board on the water heater and it had to be replaced.
    Tom and Janice (known as Tom in PGH on the “other” forum)

First came the 18' Comfort bumper-pull, was great for 20 years.
    Now a 2019 Reflection 303RLS, second air, double glass, table and chairs
    2019 F350 Lariat (Diesel) 4x4 Crewcab with lots of goodies
    Andersen aluminum with the puck system holding it all together
    Cranberry Twp. PA, about 30 miles north of Pittsburgh

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Richter View Post
    On your switch board, inside the trailer, where you turn the water heater on to either gas or electric, do you have an indicator light that says “DSI Fault”? If so, is that on? I had that issue and it turned out to be the control board on the water heater and it had to be replaced.
    I do have that on my board, however the light is not on for.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An obvious question, but could be overlooked, do you have propane? Check by firing up your stove and see if it lights. Even if you have the valve turned on at the tank, you might have a faulty regulator. That wouldn’t explain the water heater not working on electric though. That could be a separate issue. Is the breaker okay at the electric panel in the trailer? You might try switching it off and back on. Do you have 120v at any of the outlets? Your lights, and many things electric will run off 12v DC. Try the microwave and see if it works. If not, the problem on the electric side could be that there is no 120 to the trailer.

Is there no hot water at any of the faucets/shower/outside connection?
    Last edited by Richter; 09-11-2020 at 06:15 AM.
    Tom and Janice (known as Tom in PGH on the “other” forum)

First came the 18' Comfort bumper-pull, was great for 20 years.
    Now a 2019 Reflection 303RLS, second air, double glass, table and chairs
    2019 F350 Lariat (Diesel) 4x4 Crewcab with lots of goodies
    Andersen aluminum with the puck system holding it all together
    Cranberry Twp. PA, about 30 miles north of Pittsburgh

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stove works, checked that first to make sure propane was on. Whats weird is that both gas and electric are not working on the heater.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you have a electrical tester with you by chance? I'm thinking you will want to test for current at the unit. That will at least rule in/out power as the problem.

If you don't have one I would ask a few neighbors. There are plenty of handymen camper owners out there that wouldn't leave home without one. After reading many troubleshooting posts on here I added one to my tool chest.
    Last edited by Timmer; 09-11-2020 at 06:21 AM.
    Timmer
    2020 Grand Design Reflection 312BHTS
    2015 Ford F350, 6.2L Gas, Crew Cab

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast