User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for this post! I have a new 295RL (5 weeks old) that has only been out of the driveway to go to the dealer because the Dometic refrigerator was not installed properly from the factory and locked out. After being in the shop for almost a month I finally got it back and now the Dometic hot water heater model# WH-6GEA worked for one day before it shut down. After reading your post I by-passed the thermal cut off and the unit fired right up. I know it's not recommended to run the unit without it in place but can you? Also, where can you purchase replacement thermal cut offs? Needless to say, my first experience with Grand Design quality has not been a good one!
    DRBGreencastle
    2021 Reflection 150 Series 295RL
    2021 GMC 2500HD 6.6L Duramax
    Rookie Fifth Wheeler

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HELP!!!! No Hot Water

Quote Originally Posted by Drbgreencastle View Post
    Thanks for this post! I have a new 295RL (5 weeks old) that has only been out of the driveway to go to the dealer because the Dometic refrigerator was not installed properly from the factory and locked out. After being in the shop for almost a month I finally got it back and now the Dometic hot water heater model# WH-6GEA worked for one day before it shut down. After reading your post I by-passed the thermal cut off and the unit fired right up. I know it's not recommended to run the unit without it in place but can you? Also, where can you purchase replacement thermal cut offs? Needless to say, my first experience with Grand Design quality has not been a good one!
    All kinds on Amazon

And btw those fridges and water heaters are the same put in every trailer along every brand

Grand Design can’t be responsible when they fail but they definitely will take care of you

Trailering is hard work. It has just started. Goodluck

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll reiterate problems with appliances are NOT GD quality issues they are quality issues with the appliance manufacturer. Don't blame GD for something they have no control over, blame the appliance manufacturer.
    Charles and Susan
    2021 Ram 3500 Laramie, 6.4 Hemi, 4x4 CCSB
    2021 337rls w/ Andersen hitch.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I totally understand that GD is not responsible for the appliances but they are responsible for the proper installation of the refrigerator. It was missing baffles and not installed properly which caused the lock out. I’m just frustrated because this is my first experience with owning a RV and haven’t been able to even have it out of my driveway for the 5 weeks that I have owned it. Hopefully things will be much better moving forward and we can enjoy RVing!
    DRBGreencastle
    Rookie Fifth Wheeler

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drbgreencastle View Post
    I totally understand that GD is not responsible for the appliances but they are responsible for the proper installation of the refrigerator. It was missing baffles and not installed properly which caused the lock out. I’m just frustrated because this is my first experience with owning a RV and haven’t been able to even have it out of my driveway for the 5 weeks that I have owned it. Hopefully things will be much better moving forward and we can enjoy RVing!
    Just be prepared they may get a lot worse

Just had a water leak on mine last night. Worst part is I just poured a second whiskey when I noticed it
    Curb side spray port

Removed the panels and added Teflon tape and stopped the leak

This obviously happened from the road shake as I had it hooked up in my driveway for months without an issue
    There will always be things come up

Goodluck

Ps. The baffle issue with the fridge Did the baffles just come loose and fall down? Or non existent?

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to hear about your water leak! The baffle issue was that one of them was missing.
    DRBGreencastle
    Rookie Fifth Wheeler

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our experience exactly

Quote Originally Posted by NicNKat View Post
    The valve is up how the diagram shows. Also the purge at the water heater has water when I release it.
    On my last rig I could hear the gas and the ignition working, meaning it would click until ignited. This one nothing is going on, like the LP is not even doing anything and there is no flame in it.
    Also electric being on for an our is doing nothing. Its as if both electric and LP are not working.
    Our experience exactly

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a quick reply.. as I totally understand what quick means.... do you have an instant hot water source or is the actually a water heater that heats up water in a tank? If it is a "tankless" water heater... then please set your fresh water supply to between 45-50 PSI.... then it will work perfectly.... we had the same issue in a 337RLS... but it has a tankless heater... and needs to be about 45 pSI to work....
    Cowboychincs
    2021 Grand Design Reflection 337 RLS
    2021 Ford F-350 6.7L Diesel Platinum
    Castle Rock, CO

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456