User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some of these reviews are scaring me!

I just purchased a Grand Design Reflection Travel Trailer 308BHTS. Has anyone had any issues with this model? Please advise. Thanks.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum Aljac and congratulations on your new Reflection! Have you taken your coach out on a shakedown trip? If so, how did it go, any problems?

Steve

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry you're feeling uneasy. As a potential buyer, I've been following the forum closely, and if anything, I feel MORE comfortable going with GD. There are other products I monitor as well, and none of them have the customer service GD has. I'd feel confident, when the time comes for us to purchase our Momentum, if any issue arise, that they will be resolved to my expectations.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The more I follow threads here, the more impressed I am with Grand Design and their relationship with the customers they serve! We will be completing our paperwork this weekend and doing our PDI and I must say we are excited!

Any major purchase comes with some level of concern! Wishing you peace and lots of wonderful camping in the days, months....years to come!
    Last edited by Bruce & Terry; 02-24-2015 at 05:36 PM.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a reflection 303rls and have had absolutely no problems. I also have many years R Ving experience as well as many years in the Rv industry and I would recommend GD to anyone.
    Frank & Linda
    2015 303 #2048, 2015 F-350 FX4 Dually

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I must say, that after a career in engineering and manufacturing (missiles), I might be a little more critical of manufacturing quality than most. I have a Masters Degree in Quality Assurance from Cal State. So I know the ins and outs of the manufacturing and quality business.

We bought an early model 337, and there were some bugs with it that were fairly simple for me to resolve. I provided feedback to GD and they were always supportive with advice and parts as needed. They also applied the lessons learned to newer coaches so the problems would not repeat. I prefer to do my own work because I believe I can do a better job than the dealer's service department. We put 10K miles on the rig last summer, and a few other issues cropped up. A couple of these were unique to my coach being stored in the extremely dry Arizona climate. Primarily, the wood on the cabinets was affected due to drying out.

Since the repairs were difficult to perform without all the correct tools at my disposal, GD picked up the coach at their expense, took it back to the factory and replaced the cabinets in question. They also did a thorough inspection of the fifth wheel and addressed some other issues I didn't even know about.

While my rig was at the factory, I had an opportunity to drop by the factory and take an extensive tour with Jerry McCarthy, VP of Service Operations. Jerry and I talked shop for quite a while about their manufacturing, testing and quality techniques. We discussed work force training, quality principles, inventory control, and other key manufacturing processes. Based on what I saw and heard, Grand Design RV is the best in the business. Add their focus on the customer to their manufacturing and quality know how, and they have a formula that can't be beat.

To top it all off, when I was on my way home from Indiana, Bill Fenech happened to sit next to me on the plane. I recognized him immediately, and right away he knew who I was and all about the work being done to my FW. When you have both the VP and owners of a company that are personally involved with your product, it gives you a warm fuzzy (Warm Fuzzy is an engineering term...). Bill and I also talked a little about their vision, and it matches exactly what I heard from Jerry.

I put a lot of miles on my rig, and I know I'm a PITA when it comes to my expectations. I really believe I'll be a Grand Design customer for the rest of my RVing life. They have my back. It is very rare for an RV to be completely error free when they are subjected to mile after mile of tough roads and tough customers. Sometimes things go wrong right out of the factory. With some manufacturers, you are left to the whims of the dealer's service department. When you purchase from Grand Design, they'll have your back too.

Jim
    Last edited by TucsonJim; 02-24-2015 at 07:53 PM. Reason: Misspelled Jerry's name

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you everyone for the responses. I am feeling more and more confident with my decision.

Jthamilton
    Our family did our shakedown trip last week bringing the camper from California to Colorado.

We did run across a couple of issues. I sent 2 emails to GD in the evening on 2 different nights and promptly was called by their service manager the next day. They have been extremely prompt and gave me no issues whatsoever when the dealer (not where I purchased it) I intended on using for my repairs wanted me to pay and have GD reimburse me. The dealer has since chose to honor the warranty but I was impressed that GD said no problem just send them the bill and they would reimburse me.

I had more problems getting a replacement toilet lid for my Lance!
    This is my 3rd and by far favorite camper, good luck your going to enjoy it!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jim--very helpful feedback for not only those considering GDRV but for those of us already on board. I am sure most everyone on the forum really values your feedback and your post here just cements the deal. Thank you for taking the time to share this.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide