Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Considering purchasing a 2021 Imagine 2610ML

Hi, We're Considering purchasing a 2021 Imagine 2610ML. We presently own a Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8315BSS. I was wondering if anyone on the forum has 1 of these or a 2020 model and what your thoughts are on it. Thanks. Don

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe this is a brand new layout, did you see one in person or on the website?
    2020 IMAGINE XLS 22MLE

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We were visiting an RV dealer and we told the lady the layout we would like and she showed us this one from the website. From what we saw, it fit our wants. They have2 units coming in this winter. Is the quality good in their units?

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 2610 Imagine is not in production yet.

It is a larger version of the 22MLE, should be out in November/December.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DonaldJP View Post
    Hi, We're Considering purchasing a 2021 Imagine 2610ML. We presently own a Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8315BSS. I was wondering if anyone on the forum has 1 of these or a 2020 model and what your thoughts are on it. Thanks. Don
    Don't know if you are still looking but I bought one in May. Dealer said that GD was going to stop production on this model. Don't know how many were produced though. We really like it. I used to have a 40 foot fifth wheel and wanted a trailer in the 30 foot range to get into state parks. It has an amazing amount of room and inside storage but no place for a garbage can. The shower is large and the rear bath, though a little cramped, it of adequate size. The layout of the kitchen is very good. The stove and reefer are in the slide out so you tend to stub your toes a lot until you get used to it. The reefer and microwave are small but again, adequate.

The two recliners are comfortable and have heat, massage and a light. They sit right in front of the television which is above a window. I don't know if it is an exceptionally good TV or an exceptionally good antenna but the reception over the air is pretty good. The wi-fi booster enhances the signal so well that you can even stream movies in the campground.

The roll up shades work really well but they do clank when you move around. The dinette is comfortable for two and has storage below both benches. There is a ottoman that you can remove for additional seating. It, of course, has storage. The pantry is large. But again no place to store a garbage can.

The bed room is roomy and the bed has storage under it. Also storage in the overhead cabinets and drawer and hanging storage beside the bed. There are cubby holes both sides with power and USB charging. There is a place to hand an additional TV on the wall with power and antenna nearby. There is a vent over the bed to let in the morning sun as well as a frosted window making the bedroom well lit. We covered the vent put a ThinShade in the door. That's another thing: There are two doors.

You'll find the fresh water tank capacity to be low. It's supposed to be 52 gallons but that includes the 6 gallon HW heater and probably the water in the pipes. You'll need a portable tank if you boondock. LP capacity it very good. The pass through storage is large and has slam latches and are held open with a magnet. The trailer doors are "stay-put" and will stay open. The awning is long and very good. There are external speakers and led strip lighting. There is also led lighting on the front cap making your trailer easy to find in the dark.

The stability jacks hold the trailer pretty steady but, if you park on a slope one set (front or back) won't reach the ground. Take blocks. There are two connections for water and a connection at the rear of the trailer for propane. The roof is walk-on and there is a connection that runs down to the storage for solar. There is a square tube bumper to hold your sewer hose and the spare tire is one the back (thank you GD).

I like it and my wife loves it (except for the garbage can issue). Hope you got a chance to see this model.
    Harry C
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2610ML
    2015 F350
    Formerly: Jayco Pinnacle 36REQS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Harry,
    Thanks for your reply. We went ahead and purchased this unit in the fall and it was delivered to our dealer on January 26 and we really liked the layout when we saw it in person shortly after that. Due to it being winter time here at the time and having hip replacement surgery mid March we had not taken delivery but that is changing on June 16th when we'll pick it up We're planning on a 9 day getaway for the first trip and we're really looking forward to it!! We also noticed about the garbage can issue, not sure how we'll deal with this yet.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @harryc

Very nice write up on a good looking floor plan. I see it is listed as Dealer Stock only. That surprises me because, correct me if I’m wrong, they just came out with this floor plan in 2020?

https://www.granddesignrv.com/showro...ine/floorplans
    2010 Tundra SR5 DC 5.7L 4x4
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Andersen WDH
    Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension Kit
    2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
    2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DonaldJP View Post
    Hi Harry,
    Thanks for your reply. We went ahead and purchased this unit in the fall and it was delivered to our dealer on January 26 and we really liked the layout when we saw it in person shortly after that. Due to it being winter time here at the time and having hip replacement surgery mid March we had not taken delivery but that is changing on June 16th when we'll pick it up We're planning on a 9 day getaway for the first trip and we're really looking forward to it!! We also noticed about the garbage can issue, not sure how we'll deal with this yet.
    Make sure you get a TPMS. On our first trip I figured I could hold off for a while. But 200 miles into the trip the tire failed dramatically. There was a nail hole, slow leak then a lot of honking. If I had the TPMS I could have saved the tire, Westlake or not. Ours came with the TireLinc docking station but no module or sensors. So I figured for the price of TireLinc I could get TireMinder. It comes with its own monitor.
    Harry C
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2610ML
    2015 F350
    Formerly: Jayco Pinnacle 36REQS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hadn't even thought of this. I'll look into it, Thanks.