0 Thread(s)
    Great ideas, thanks!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    Just a note about my screen and the reception..... It may sound weird, but I mount my camera upside down so the antenna can be in a vertical position. I found it helps a lot to reduce signal loss. If I mount it right-side-up I have to leave the antenna in a horizontal position because it is so close to the headliner. There are settings on my monitor to rotate the display which, of course, is necessary.
    Interesting, thanks for the tip.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine is all integrated into the truck. TPMS is part of the DIC in the dash (no I didn't make this up...I just laugh at GM about it.

The camera in the back of the rig displays on my infotainment along with the other 15 or so views in real time. No clutter.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have same displays as OP I just have Garmin on windshield passenger side ( for the spousal Navigator ). The TST disolay just on dash cradle for now. Furrion Monitor under rearview on suction cup for now If it'll support it, I want to attach it over rearview mirror with rubber bands or something sexier as rearview is useless after hitching we did our whole first trip with Furrion cameras needing to be flipped L to R, R to left and backup image needed reversing I finally read how to chg that in settings ( made the cameras bloody useless that trip) Can you say "Shoulda done a dry run"? LOL
    Last edited by swordsmn; 09-16-2020 at 03:33 PM.
    Doug&Dena
    2020 337RLS
    2019 Ram 3500 HO Cummins Dually
    Reese M5

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rymorg View Post
    Hello everyone! We recently upgraded to a Reflection 31 MB from a travel trailer. Anyway, long-story-short now that we have a taller rig we've had to add another screen (7" garmin GPS) to the mix in addition to our 7" Furrion Rear Camera and our TST Tire Monitoring System.

So my question to everyone--how do you manage your screens? Where do you put them?

Being that we are now in a 5er, I was thinking it would really nice to be able to mount some of these screens over our rear-view mirror. Does anyone know if anyone makes a mirror mount or some type of plastic mounting system you could hang over your rear-view mirror which you could mount suction cups to?

Anyway, just curious if anyone had any creative solutions.

Thanks!

As a spouse navigator, I am in charge of the TMS, which has a great removable mount with suction cup. I place it to the right, on the windshield and it's great.

We have built in Nav in the truck, but i also usually use my phone on Google Maps or Waze. The phone sits on the center console on a charging plate that is built into the top of the console in truck, but I pick up my phone fairly often to use it.

We have a very inexpensive little camera that records, which we purchased at Walmart last year, that we always use when driving in the truck. It's small enough that I can use the suction mount to put it just behind the rear view mirror in the truck. I can still see it's screen and can see what it sees at any time.

A backup camera is built into our 350 Silverado truck, but doesn't do any good when towing, but we don't use a backup camera when towing.
    I am the official signaler for backing in, etc.
    After towing a 42' 5th before we added our Reflection 5th in January, he finds backing in our GD to be pretty easy.

That's pretty much it!
    Last edited by Suzyptx; 09-16-2020 at 04:22 PM. Reason: misstyped spelling

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What truck?

I installed a Built Right Dash Mount in My Ford, and then use RAM arms. I have TPMS, Furion Camera monitor, and GoPro camera

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for bringing this up, does anyone produce a device which will synchronized with our onboard factory equipment or even car play, something so we don’t have to clutter our dashboards with screens? I would like to navigate without having to monitor a half dozen screens.
    With today’s technology this should not be rocket science. We still need to see where we are going.
    2017 F-250 6.7 2019 273 MK
    Retired Tanker Yanker
    My your pleasures be many and your troubles be few!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by swordsmn View Post
    I have same displays as OP I just have Garmin on windshield passenger side ( for the spousal Navigator ). The TST disolay just on dash cradle for now. Furrion Monitor under rearview on suction cup for now If it'll support it, I want to attach it over rearview mirror with rubber bands or something sexier as rearview is useless after hitching we did our whole first trip with Furrion cameras needing to be flipped L to R, R to left and backup image needed reversing I finally read how to chg that in settings ( made the cameras bloody useless that trip) Can you say "Shoulda done a dry run"? LOL

I tried putting my Furion camera on my rear view mirror. I found that either my eyes were playing mind tricks on me, or my mind was playing eye tricks. What I found was that, remembering from high school physics, whey you have an image in a mirror, your eyes are not focused on the focal plane of the mirror, they focus on the perceived focal plane of the image. Over 50 years of driving, my “auto-focus” on the perceived plane of the image.

While I might have been able to retrain my eyes/mind, I decided that it wasn’t really worth it. I put the rear-looking camera down on the console, as I rarely look at it. Mostly just when changing lanes, merging, etc.

I keep my Garmin on the dash, in the built-in cradle, sitting on a swivel bean-bag mount. The TPMS goes next to the camera monitor, on the console. My navigator keeps an eye on that, plus we have the alarms set up to give us a warning if something is out of spec.
    Tom and Janice (known as Tom in PGH on the “other” forum)

First came the 18' Comfort bumper-pull, was great for 20 years.
    Now a 2019 Reflection 303RLS, second air, double glass, table and chairs
    2019 F350 Lariat (Diesel) 4x4 Crewcab with lots of goodies
    Andersen aluminum with the puck system holding it all together
    Cranberry Twp. PA, about 30 miles north of Pittsburgh

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Furrion back-up came with windshield mount keep it on low left side almost touching dash .... TPMS sits in tray on dash .... GPS on Radio screen google map thru phone. later Frank
    Frank & Cindy --- S Class Solitude 2930RL-R ---2019 Ram 3500 Cummins 6.7 SRW 4x4 8' bed---Remi & Sage traveling Pomskies ---TST 507 TPMS ... B&W Patriot 18K---3.73 axle ... Predator 3500--Backflip MX4---48 days 2019---51 days camped 2020---***Payload 4394***

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We use a Garmin RV760 GPS and have a TireMinder A1A (small monitor) and the smaller Furrion camera monitor. The dash tray on my 2012 F350 has ribs, so I cut a piece of plexiglass to fit and glued a piece of heavy black rubber door mat to the bottom. It fits nicely down in the tray. The suction cups for the two smaller devices stick to the plexiglass well and the Garmin is on a big non-skid pad mount that stays put. The GPS is closest to the driver's seat, then the rear monitor, and the TPMS on the right. (We're off visiting grandkids so I'm not at the rig or I'd post a pic.)

On a humorous note, we pulled into the Border Patrol checkpoint east of El Paso on I-10 last February when we headed east. The young BP officer looked at the dash and asked something like, "Do you use all those GPSs?" (Even funnier since the truck has built-in nav that I don't use.) I quickly told him that only one was a GPS and the others were to monitor other things. He may have still been shaking his head when he waved me on through.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast