User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I keep my Garmin RV770 running all the time. It's simply better at alerting me to possible hazards and road restrictions. It's also got the red light database on it, which I've found very handy. What I do is use the Garmin zoomed all the way in, and then I have my truck GPS zoomed out. This helps on those long boring stretches of road where you wonder where you are in relation to everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    We use a Garmin RV760 GPS and have a TireMinder A1A (small monitor) and the smaller Furrion camera monitor. The dash tray on my 2012 F350 has ribs, so I cut a piece of plexiglass to fit and glued a piece of heavy black rubber door mat to the bottom. It fits nicely down in the tray. The suction cups for the two smaller devices stick to the plexiglass well and the Garmin is on a big non-skid pad mount that stays put. The GPS is closest to the driver's seat, then the rear monitor, and the TPMS on the right. (We're off visiting grandkids so I'm not at the rig or I'd post a pic.)

On a humorous note, we pulled into the Border Patrol checkpoint east of El Paso on I-10 last February when we headed east. The young BP officer looked at the dash and asked something like, "Do you use all those GPSs?" (Even funnier since the truck has built-in nav that I don't use.) I quickly told him that only one was a GPS and the others were to monitor other things. He may have still been shaking his head when he waved me on through.

Rob
    2017 Ford F450 - our kids call her "Big Red"
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 28bh

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK so everyone seems to have many screens and viewables. I may be an odd man out here, have been many times actually. Anyway, I run a 2018 F-250 King Ranch.

Back up camera on our new 303RLS pairs just fine with it, (it's a Furion). Have not got to TPMS yet, but I am expecting the same, as my trailering management system seems to want an input when I hitch up the trailer.

So, central system for back up, GPS, and my Android phone connects to Android Auto, so I have another option there. With the trailering package and extendable mirrors, we seem to be doing alright, so far anyway. the only other dash mount I have is a radar detector. I am interested to hear how many screens others think they need in cab!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just the in dash. I have zero desire to clip, suction cup, duct it, or screw anything in anywhere. I do now want to look like the cockpit of a commercial airliner.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Focusing on LED-screen-mirror vs on 'real' mirror

Quote Originally Posted by Richter View Post
    I tried putting my Furion camera on my rear view mirror. I found that either my eyes were playing mind tricks on me, or my mind was playing eye tricks. What I found was that, remembering from high school physics, whey you have an image in a mirror, your eyes are not focused on the focal plane of the mirror, they focus on the perceived focal plane of the image. Over 50 years of driving, my “auto-focus” on the perceived plane of the image.
    THANK YOU! First person that has agreed with me on that.

I had the same problem in rental cars where the mirror is actually an LED screen instead of a real mirror. And people I have told said to have my eyes checked. Nope! The LED-screen mirror is 2 or 3 feet from your eyes, while the image on a real mirror is "far away", just like like when you are looking down the road. So you need to change your eye focus from 200 ft or more down the road in front of you to only 3 ft away where the mirror is.

No problem when you are young and just got in the truck to drive that morning. But it's different when your eyes are tired from 4 hours of driving and you are no longer a youngster.

Just my $0.02
    2019 Imagine 2970RL 34' Travel Trailer, pulled by 2019 Ford F-250 Lariat Diesel.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123