User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Refrigerator replacement in 376

We replaced our RV fridge with a Whirlpool counter depth refrigerator. Both old and new fit through the doorway. A little tight bur doable after removing refrigerator doors. Also removed platform that RV fridge was on. Turned out nice and very happy with results. I do not have an inverter. First trip fridge was unplugged for 7 hours. Temperatures were still at 10/34. If need be I can run generator for an hour and get the freezer back down to 0 quickly.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1355.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	92.2 KB 
ID:	29464Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1354.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	90.1 KB 
ID:	29465Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1062.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	94.5 KB 
ID:	29466
    Pam & Ed
    "Just Kruse'n"

Momentum 376TH (New 11/04/2016)
    Full Timing since 11/04/2016
    2017 Ram 3500 DRW Aisin 3.73

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Krusen View Post
    We replaced our RV fridge with a Whirlpool counter depth refrigerator. Both old and new fit through the doorway. A little tight bur doable after removing refrigerator doors. Also removed platform that RV fridge was on. Turned out nice and very happy with results. I do not have an inverter. First trip fridge was unplugged for 7 hours. Temperatures were still at 10/34. If need be I can run generator for an hour and get the freezer back down to 0 quickly.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1355.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	92.2 KB 
ID:	29464Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1354.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	90.1 KB 
ID:	29465Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1062.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	94.5 KB 
ID:	29466
    Very nice. JMHO but get the inverter and don't look back. If you wire it in with a transfer switch it will automatically switch between shore power and the inverter. I did that so I can run my small outdoor fridge while we travel.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What did you replace?
    David & Kyrenda
    2010 Ford F-250 Diesel
    2019 Reflection 337rls
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lampton View Post
    What did you replace?
    A Norcold 4 door RV fridge. Model 2118 I think.
    Pam & Ed
    "Just Kruse'n"

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice, you'll love it. I had mine converted a few months ago but did get the inverter as well. Enjoy the cold beer and hard ice cream lol!
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know it’s been a while, but I have a question…
    I’m about to replace my Norcold with a counter depth KitchenAide (basically Whirlpool), and I’m wondering if you were able to use an existing A/C outlet inside the refrigerator cavity.
    Second thing, has anyone successfully run a line for the ice maker for a refrigerator on a slide? I’m considering running a line from the island, through the floor to a stainless braided ice maker line to the slide (similar to the gas line). Also wondering about heat tape for the occasional dip below freezing.
    We’re full time in Alabama, and don’t plan on much freezing temperatures.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveTheRoad View Post
    I know it’s been a while, but I have a question…
    I’m about to replace my Norcold with a counter depth KitchenAide (basically Whirlpool), and I’m wondering if you were able to use an existing A/C outlet inside the refrigerator cavity.
    Second thing, has anyone successfully run a line for the ice maker for a refrigerator on a slide? I’m considering running a line from the island, through the floor to a stainless braided ice maker line to the slide (similar to the gas line). Also wondering about heat tape for the occasional dip below freezing.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
    You will plug into the same outlet that the Norcold uses. I did have to move mine a little for clearance. I did not hook up a line to the ice maker. Many parks have water that makes ice cubes cloudy or taste funny. I make ice cubes from water out of my Britta filter.
    Pam & Ed
    "Just Kruse'n"

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveTheRoad View Post
    ...Second thing, has anyone successfully run a line for the ice maker for a refrigerator on a slide? I’m considering running a line from the island, through the floor to a stainless braided ice maker line to the slide (similar to the gas line). Also wondering about heat tape for the occasional dip below freezing.
    We have a residential refrigerator (the OEM Samsung) and have never used the icemaker. As full-timers, we're all over the country and encounter all kinds of weather (we wintered at the top end of the Chesapeake Bay this past winter and had many nights in the low teens with daytime highs below freezing). However, the main reason we don't use the icemaker is that we like to use the space for other things (that ice bin takes up a lot of space). We keep a Zip-Lock with the plastic reusable "ice cube" in the freezer which takes up a lot less space... and we don't have to worry about park water making nasty ice cubes or winterizing the icemaker when cold weather comes.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We replaced our Norcold with an LG counter depth unit. 2 ice makers and a water dispenser. I ran a braided hose to the new fridge and it works great. We run almost exclusively off our internal tank so not too concerned about water. The fridge water is double filtered. Once from the house filter and the second from the fridge filter. Having said that, when wintering in Arizona, we use either deep well water or RO water.
    Details if you are interested in my blog linked below in my sig.
    -Rob-
    Rob, Chris and fur baby Maya - Follow us at rctravels.rmcd.ca
    2019 Solitude 374TH, Victron Multiplus II 3000 2x120, Cerbo GX, 6x Battle Born 100AH, 1800W Solar, Blue Sky CC's, Starlink
    2023 GMC Sierra Duramax Denali 4x4 DRW Longbox Crew Cab, Curt Q25

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Many thanks to all who responded!
    I feel much better about my upcoming change over. I think for now I’ll hold off on running water to the new unit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast