User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone tow a 2600rb with a Toyota Tundra?

I知 interested in the 2600RB and wondering if my 2017 Tundra would be an adequate TV?
    Double cab 4x4 6.5 bed tow pkg.
    Thanks.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fossil Hunter View Post
    I’m interested in the 2600RB and wondering if my 2017 Tundra would be an adequate TV?
    Thanks.
    Not towing a 2600RB, but it depends on several things. The Tundra will tow it but you need to look at payload & max hitch (980?) I think you would be okay on your GCWR (16,000?) and your axle ratings (4,000 & 4,150?)

Payload for my 2010 DC was actually a little more than 100# over the door sticker for cargo carrying capacity on the Tire & Loading tag. I got a CAT scale reading for curb weight, nothing in the truck & full tank gas. GVWR - Curb weight = actual payload.

From the online dry numbers for the 2600RB your tongue weight may be around 850 plus/minus depending on how many batteries, weight of WDH and how much fresh water you’re going to carry.

Other considerations are where are you towing? Flat to hilly or mountains? How heavy or light do you pack?

We have a couple in our camp group with a 2600RB and tow with a Chevy 3/4 6.0l.

PS - don’t forget that tongue weight gets added to all occupants weight and cargo in the truck.
    Last edited by Tigger1; 09-12-2020 at 11:11 AM.
    2010 Tundra SR5 DC 5.7L 4x4
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Andersen WDH
    Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension Kit
    2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
    2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I知 interested in the 2600RB and wondering if my 2017 Tundra would be an adequate TV?
    Thanks.
    Your Tundra will be perfect for this trailer. My 2009 Tundra CrewMax so less payload than you Double Cab towed a Rockwood 32' with nearly the identical specs for 9 years and did great at it. Then I towed my current 297RSTS for a year and towed/handled it just fine too. Get yourself a good WDH with sway control and enjoy your camping.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thx for replies so far. Payload for my truck is only around 1400 pounds. I very rarely carry too much water and pack light. The trailer I知 currently towing is about the same weight and about 27 ft long. Mostly established campgrounds w hook ups. I realize I will be at or slightly over payload however I will get an Equalizer hitch and I知 meticulous about tire pressures and safe speed appropriate towing.
    Last edited by Fossil Hunter; 09-12-2020 at 07:33 PM. Reason: Spelling

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m interested in the 2600RB and wondering if my 2017 Tundra would be an adequate TV?
    Thanks.
    I don't know much about your TV but I know for sure that I travel to a lot of campsites and I see very few Tundra TV's. I'm not sure why this is but, my logic is: If the vast majority are Ford, Ram, and GM, there must be a good reason. Thats just my .02
    Dave and Sue Dion
    SCPO(SW), USN, (Ret)
    2020 GD Imagine 2250RK
    2019 F-150 XLT FX4 5.0L,1823 payload

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We towed our 2670 MK this summer with our 2017 Tundra and put over 6000 miles on the pair and had a great time in our first TT. You are around a thousand pounds lighter than us but I will share our experience. The 2670 loaded weighed in at 7600 - 7800 loaded and overall the truck pulled the trailer alright on flat ground but just alright. We had a Blue Ox Sway bar hooked up and I'm damn glad that we did. There were times that the truck and trailer felt unstable and this was going 60 - 65 MPH. Read the manual for towing and you will have to tow in S4 or lower, this runs the truck at higher RPM's and 4000 miles into the trip I had to add oil for the very first time on the truck. I pinned the transmission and the only time the tranny registered hot was outside of Butte on a very long steep grade but I have been on the Tundra forum long enough to know to watch the trans temp. We paid attention this summer on our first trip and as Shiefswret said you will see very few Tundra's but a lot of 3/4 and 1 ton trucks. Returning home I did a lot more research ( A LITTLE BACKWARDS) and we decided to sell the truck and get a larger more stable truck. Almost all of the experienced people here will tell you that our Tundra's are too light and under powered and this is why we just traded in the Tundra and bought an F350. I loved my Tundra and have had several Toyota's over the years but I never pulled anything with them.
    Larry & Deb
    2022 Reflection 337 RLS
    2021 F350 Lariat SRW
    Eastern Ks.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you're doing some urban camping not far from home than the Tundra will be adequate enough, but for longer trips in mountain passages, wet or windy weather, around heavy traffic and trucks and emergency situations I don't recommend it. Your Tundra has a soft suspension and the weight distribution anti sway products will not be enough to keep the front wheels firmly on the ground and the rear end of the truck from squatting. Regardless of the numbers, in which there isn't any to spare here, you'll feel uncomfortable and exhausted depending on the length of the trip. You will be blown around the road by bigger trucks and you will experience the tail wagging the dog. Not a scenario I would put my family in personally. Goodluck.
    2021 GD Reflection (150) 5th Wheel 268BH
    2019 F250 Gas 6.2L V8 FX4 Crew Cab
    PullRite 2100 20K Hitch w/ LOCKED OUT Turning Point
    2x Honda EU2200i Generators & 1UP Bike Rack & Roll-N-Lock Bed Cover
    Previous Setup:
    2017 Outdoors RV 23BHS
    2017 F150 Sport 3.5L V6 EcoBoost

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thx for replies so far. Payload for my truck is only around 1400 pounds. I very rarely carry too much water and pack light. The trailer I知 currently towing is about the same weight and about 27 ft long. Mostly established campgrounds w hook ups. I realize I will be at or slightly over payload however I will get an Equalizer hitch and I知 meticulous about tire pressures and safe speed appropriate towing.
    I have a 2600rb. I tow with a Nissan Titan that has a rated payload of 1488, so just slightly more than your Tundra. I installed Roadmaster Active Suspension HD kit on the truck. That combined with a properly adjusted (properly adjusted is critical) WDH and it tows just fine. Truck and trailer ride level compared to each other and the truck has more than enough power to get the job done.
    Charles and Susan
    2021 Ram 3500 Laramie, 6.4 Hemi, 4x4 CCSB
    2021 337rls w/ Andersen hitch.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After @Fossil Hunter posted this yesterday I was curious and did a search on this forum for owners of 2600RB to check their signature line for their tow vehicle. Of the ones that actually took the time to create a signature line, probably half, this is what I saw. I only went back to July of 2020 before I got an idea:

1/2 ton = 6
    3/4 ton = 3
    1 ton = 1

The OP of this thread did an excellent analysis of true CAT scale weights for a 2021 2600RB and his 2017 Ram 1500, 4x4, TT Package, 3.92 gears, 5.7L gas, 149.5&#8 221;WB, 10,020 lb max TT, 1100lb max tongue. Post #8 pulls it all together.

https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...0RB-True-Specs

Hope this helps your decision.
    2010 Tundra SR5 DC 5.7L 4x4
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Andersen WDH
    Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension Kit
    2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
    2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J Maguire View Post
    If you're doing some urban camping not far from home than the Tundra will be adequate enough, but for longer trips in mountain passages, wet or windy weather, around heavy traffic and trucks and emergency situations I don't recommend it. Your Tundra has a soft suspension and the weight distribution anti sway products will not be enough to keep the front wheels firmly on the ground and the rear end of the truck from squatting.
    Really and where did you get your information from. I towed with a Tundra for 11 years and much heavier than the OP. My Reflection had a hitch weight of 1400 lbs and never needed anything but WDH. I was fully able to get all of the weight back on the front end and never had any control or porpoising issues. Tundra suspension is not soft. Had 2000 lbs of dirt in the box and still had lots of clearance to the bump stops. My Sierra had 400 lbs more payload and squatted more than the Tundra ever did. Towed well over 50,000 miles with the Tundra and it was an awesome tow vehicle and nearly bought another one except DW wants a 14,000 lb 5th wheel in the next few years.

I could be wrong but seems to me that you have never driven a Tundra let alone towed with one and just regurgitating information without first had experience.

To the OP be very careful of the information that you hear from people on the Tundra that have never driven one or towed with one. It is a very capable tow vehicle and I suspect that you would be happy with it for the trailer that you will tow.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast