User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Schiefswret View Post
    Greetings Rob. I can hear it now in the Boardroom. "Ok managers, if we could only produce more, we would sell more" Sorry Rob, that's not how it works. The executives know from experience, with very dependable accuracy, how to estimate the production needs for the future. They would not commit retail suicide by producing more than their selling data is predicting. So the reason they sell less than the big three is simply because the demand for the product in question is equally less. Example: when I was a buyer and retail operator in the Jewelry industry and I knew from experience that I could not sell more than, lets just say, 18 diamond and sapphire bracelets in the 1500-2500$ range during the holiday selling season, would I call my vendor for this item in September or October and order 36 of these bracelets? Nope. So Toyota is not going to produce more than they can accurately predict will be ordered by the retail dealerships. You can rest assured that if demand were to suddenly sky rocket for the Tundra's (for whatever reason), Toyota would execute contingency plan 'b' (which they for-sure have in stand-by mode) and start pumping them out. The additional plant you refer to is not currently justified based on current sales, which is why it currently does not exist. Maxed out production is usually caused by maxed out demand, regardless of the product. Just my 2 cents, I suppose I could be completely wrong. Travel Safe!
    Yes you and Stealth13777 are correct. My bad!! Reading too much on the internet from fanboys it seems.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Calbar View Post
    Yes you and Stealth13777 are correct. My bad!! Reading too much on the internet from fanboys it seems.

Rob
    Hey, no worries Rob. I myself have realized by reviewing this and the “other” forum that a number of my former notions were also unknowingly misunderstood. Even at my age I also can learn something new almost every day if I remain open minded and teachable. Travel safe and enjoy your RV adventures!
    Dave and Sue Dion
    SCPO(SW), USN, (Ret)
    2020 GD Imagine 2250RK
    2019 F-150 XLT FX4 5.0L,1823 payload

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is a quick read from 12/18 I think is well balanced pertaining to Tundra sales. I‘ve read elsewhere that Detroit 3 have something like 93% of the full-size truck market. Toyota appears to have no illusions of catching them and they’re okay with that approach even after the Tundra is eventually upgraded. They appear to have made a decision to find their profits elsewhere other than the very competitive full-size truck market. I suspect they can afford to do that given they are one of, if not, the largest auto manufacturers in the world.

https://www.autonews.com/sales/toyot...e-tundra-sales
    2010 Tundra SR5 DC 5.7L 4x4
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Andersen WDH
    Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension Kit
    2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
    2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ll drop my 2 cents since I tow with a tundra.

I have a 2017 TRD Pro double cab with the 5.7 and tow package. I tow an Imagine 2400BH that is loaded a little heavy. I have owned, driven and towed with a lot of different trucks over the years, from old toyota mini trucks to f350’s to 18 wheelers.

I feel my Tundra tows good but not great with this 2400BH. Wife, 2 kids, myself and all the crap we bring along makes us technically overloaded based on the CAT scale slips. I spent the better part of a day at the CAT scale dialing in 10k equalizer hitch and getting the trailer and truck level, since the RV dealership just did a generic setup. I have all but 35 lbs back on the front axle and the tundra and trailer feel pretty well planted when going down the road, no matter the weather or traffic. I’m just under the GAWR for the rear axle. I definitely know the trailer is back there but it’s not a white knuckle situation. Even with the botched setup from the RV dealership, it wasn’t a scary drive, I just knew it could be improved. The tundra is one of the better handling 1/2 ton trucks out there when loaded or towing heavy. Having owned a maxtow f150 ecoboost and several 1/2 ton gm’s over the years, this tundra seems to handle the heavy weight better.

Power wise, it will hold speed (65 mph) as long as you’re not afraid to mash the skinny pedal and wind the engine out on hills or against a headwind. This also comes with single digit mpg (I’ve seen as low as 6, lol) but if there’s no hills, most of the time it’ll stay in 5th gear and return 9 mpg. My previous experiences towing with modern diesels ruined me as I do wish for more power and better mpg but I’m also on 34” all terrain tires. My ecoboost had the power ( when it was running correctly) but got about the same mpg. Knock on wood, the tundra is reliable (like every modern vehicle should be and one of the big reasons I purchased it) so far. It’ll withstand you holding the pedal to the floor all day and come back for more.

All in all, the tundra does good, but not great towing the 2400 BH. It’s not a huge issue since we really only tow about once a month, 2-4 hours from our home. I almost went with the 2800 BH but I’m glad I didn’t since I’m already a little overweight. I will say that when I purchased this tundra, I had no plans for a travel trailer. My plan at that time was more backcountry exploration with a bed tent. Time and plans have changed drastically since then. So, would I buy another Tundra? Probably not because I’m already wanting to upgrade trailers so it looks like the next truck will be a 1-ton diesel.
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2400BH
    2017 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro Double cab

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fossil Hunter View Post
    I’m interested in the 2600RB and wondering if my 2017 Tundra would be an adequate TV?
    Double cab 4x4 6.5 bed tow pkg.
    Thanks.
    I tow my 2600RB with my 2011 DC 5.7L, tow package and a Husky Centerline WDH. It tows like a dream, but you are aware that something is back there on the mountain passes! I also have the factory transmission cooler, which Toyota eliminated in the later years (2018 or 2019).

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AZMike View Post
    I tow my 2600RB with my 2011 DC 5.7L, tow package and a Husky Centerline WDH. It tows like a dream, but you are aware that something is back there on the mountain passes! I also have the factory transmission cooler, which Toyota eliminated in the later years (2018 or 2019).
    Just an FYI that Toyota didn't eliminate the transmission cooler but rather built it into the radiator.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Calbar View Post
    Just an FYI that Toyota didn't eliminate the transmission cooler but rather built it into the radiator.

Rob
    Actually, they did eliminate it. Mine is in the top half of the radiator. Many late model Tundra owners are installing aftermarket coolers.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AZMike View Post
    Actually, they did eliminate it. Mine is in the top half of the radiator. Many late model Tundra owners are installing aftermarket coolers.
    Moved to the top half of the radiator but still there. Also not nearly as efficient as having it in front of the radiator like they did on my 2009 so makes sense that many late model owners are adding an after market one to cool better.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123