User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dual Axles not on same level

Is it OK to have an RV parked with one axle being on a ramp on one side but the other axle on the ground on the same side as shown in this pic?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rv-on-ramp.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	98.2 KB 
ID:	29480

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Are you parked like that to get the unit level? I don't see a problem myself. However check your tire pressures. The both look low, especially the one on the ramp
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by djwhiting View Post
    Is it OK to have an RV parked with one axle being on a ramp on one side but the other axle on the ground on the same side as shown in this pic?

I personally would not do this to level a trailer or to store a trailer. Too much load on one tire and axle. Probably double what they are rated for. May damage both. I always put both axles up. There are leveling ramps that fit between the axle for the rear wheel so both tires are up. If your tires are inflated properly you can see how much added load is on the one tire and nothing on the other.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is not my actual trailer, just a pic I found online that shows how mine is. I have it like this in our driveway to level it. My tire pressures are OK.

Rob, do you have a link to the ramps you are referring?

Thanks

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have these and they work well. Shop around for best price.
    https://www.amazon.com/Beech-Lane-Ca...NsaWNrPXRydWU=
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is not my actual trailer, just a pic I found online that shows how mine is. I have it like this in our driveway to level it. My tire pressures are OK.

Rob, do you have a link to the ramps you are referring?

Thanks
    @powerscol has the link for what I was referring to. I made my own custom ramps as I like to tinker but have heard that the Beech Lane ones are very good.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use Andersen levelers when parking on significantly un-level side to side at my home.

Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That pic is not a pic of a tool for leveling an RV. That pic is a pic of a ramp typically used to do an oil change or that type of thing on a vehicle. If you need to level, put the leveling material, whatever style you are using, under BOTH tires. I'm not sure what this person is doing or trying to do in this pic.
    Dave and Sue Dion
    SCPO(SW), USN, (Ret)
    2020 GD Imagine 2250RK
    2019 F-150 XLT FX4 5.0L,1823 payload

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks to all who replied. I have since revamped my ramp by making it longer so both wheels are now at the same level.