Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Repair Parts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Repair Parts

Anyone else find it frustrating that you simply cannot buy repair parts directly from GD? I am handy and can fix just about anything so all I need it the part. GD website has the part numbers and photos but you have to go through a dealer to get them...that is often very difficult when on the road.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never used them, but it's been reported on here that Pharr RV in Lubbock Texas will allow you to order parts over the phone from GD and they will ship them to you.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    Never used them, but it's been reported on here that Pharr RV in Lubbock Texas will allow you to order parts over the phone from GD and they will ship them to you.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Have used Pharr RV myself, very good to work with. GD will drop ship to you. Be aware shipping charges can be very high. My fender skirt was sent air freight, ouch. Many parts are common to the industry so I would save this method fo GD specific parts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2018 Reflection 27RL
    2017 GMC 2500

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brzahn View Post
    Anyone else find it frustrating that you simply cannot buy repair parts directly from GD? I am handy and can fix just about anything so all I need it the part. GD website has the part numbers and photos but you have to go through a dealer to get them...that is often very difficult when on the road.
    Quote Originally Posted by tortise View Post
    Have used Pharr RV myself, very good to work with. GD will drop ship to you. Be aware shipping charges can be very high. My fender skirt was sent air freight, ouch. Many parts are common to the industry so I would save this method fo GD specific parts
    As Tortise mentions many parts are common. I have found in searching through the parts look up GD often uses supplier part numbers. Also doing an open search using GD and a part number ( Grand Design part # ****** ) will often find a corresponding part ID. Even fenders and such can be found if have the time and patience. This stuff is pricey enough so if you can find a break go for it.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Companies with dealer networks seldom provide parts directly to consumers. It cuts profits to the dealers and makes them unhappy. Some companies have central ordering where you enter your dealer and they get a cut from sales.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My dealer, who I consider to be very good by the way, I am on my 3rd GD trailer from them, could not get some moldings for my fridge from GD. I called GD and they sent me the moldings, while my rig was at the dealer for the microwave recall and some other warranty work, I brought the moldings over and dealer put them on for me.
    "Strange things are happening"
    Mal & Helen
    With Mitzi our Yorkie
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    2020 Reflection 303RLS Sold
    2020 Ford F250 Lariat Super Duty 4WD 6.7 Diesel Short Bed
    B&W Companion Slider
    Amateur Radio Call sign WA2TWA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mal, you have an awesome dealer! My local dealer would charge me extra because I did not order the parts from them! I usually do as others have said. I will go to the GD parts lookup and try to find the part so I can get the number and the proper name for it. Then I will search google for the part. Once I find it I will go to amazon and search under the same name to see if they have it (free shipping!). The bad part is, my trailer drops off of the parts lookup list after next year, so I am going to be on my own!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Jim and Judy in a Ram 2500 towing a
    2015 Reflection 29RS with modifications