User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    isleepu

Where to mount a water filter in my new 308BHTS?

Just got my Reflection 308BHTS today. I want to install a twin canister water filtration unit from the RV Water Filter Store. My question is where to best mount it? I would like to mount it on the wall in the front storage compartment somewhere. I want to run the main hose directly to the filter unit and then to the water intake of the camper. Has anyone done this? Might you have any pictures that give me the best mounting location?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It may be a little complicated to plump up the filters due to the Kant Leak selector valve. You'd want flow through the filter if city water or water pump supply. I think you may want some input from GD.

Dave
    Dave and Monica - Gore Bay, Ontario
    Vitus the Hungarian Vizsla
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS #129
    2008 F250 V10 CC Lariat RWD

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dave, if he hooks the water hose directly to the filter and the filter to the kant leak intake the fresh water tank would only have filtered water in it for the water pump to circulate, wouldn't it? Since the fresh water fill uses the same inlet as city hook up.
    Scott and Jan Platt Ocala, FL
    Cameron(Son) & Chica(chihuahua)
    2014 Reflection 337RLS
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD 4X4, Crew Cab, Dually, Diesel
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

isleepu
    That's what my plan was scott. Hook directly to the filter first then from filter to the Kant Leak intake. My thing is there is not a really good place to mount the filters.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now that I understand, what about making the filters free-standing and leaving them outside the camper...then you wouldn't have to worry about spills/drips.

Dave
    Dave and Monica - Gore Bay, Ontario
    Vitus the Hungarian Vizsla
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS #129
    2008 F250 V10 CC Lariat RWD

isleepu
    Dave after much thought this morning that's exactly what I plan to do. I'am going to make an open top box out of treated lumber to place the filters in after I connect all hoses. Thanks for all the replies. I love this forum

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use an old milk crate
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

Seasoned Camper
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought I'd add some to the convo here. I have 3 canister filters and a finishing filter. I decided to put one canister at the RV inlet site. This is simply a 5 micron sediment filter with a clear canister. Got from Lowes a while back. The purpose was to keep debris out of the trailer's entire system. Worked well. After that, I wanted a system to remove everything and clarify the water. Did that with an under-the-sink system that had it's own faucet at the kitchen sink. Really easy to do. My thoughts are/were once sediment is prevented from entering the trailer, there's no need to further filter the water unless it's going in our bodies. This way, the filters last much longer. We use it to drink water from and cook with. Here is my write up from some time back: http://c3finallyfree.blogspot.com/20...em-update.html . Just some other thoughts on the matter.
    Brent & Gina
    2018 Ford F250 PSD Crew Cab
    SuperGlide 16K Hitch
    Grand Design 303 RLS

isleepu
    Brent? That is what I have decided to do as well. 5 micron sediment filter outside and then an undersink system in the trailer. Thanks for everyone's ideas.

Seasoned Camper
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by isleepu View Post
    Brent? That is what I have decided to do as well. 5 micron sediment filter outside and then an undersink system in the trailer. Thanks for everyone's ideas.
    You gotta post some pics for us!

Brent
    Brent & Gina
    2018 Ford F250 PSD Crew Cab
    SuperGlide 16K Hitch
    Grand Design 303 RLS