User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reflection 295rl outdoor tv mount

Looking to add an outdoor tv on the slide out that is pre wired for the cable and electric. Can I screw a tv mount into the side of the slide? If not recommended then suggestions? Thanks Keith

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I added a TV mount to both the front and back of my Reflection, including power and cable hookups. So depending on where the fire pit is situated, I choose either the front or the rear TV mount location. You need to try to hit the wall studs when you screw into the trailer, which can be a challenge since you only get one shot. You can try to use stud finders or wait for a cold morning with dew on the side of the trailer, which will many times show the outline of the framing in the condensation.

That being said, I missed the studs, I think I spanned either side. However, I did not only rely on the mount screws, I also used 3M Marine Grade Sealant/Adhesive on the mounting plate when I installed. Between the screws and the adhesive, the mount has been fine. I have been mounting a 55" flat screen on both mounts for five years now and absolutely no issues.

Be careful what mount you use. I have a removable mount that I was first introduced to back when I owned an Outback. Difficult to find, I took a quick look online and did not see it. Basically there is a heavy aluminum powder coated mounting plate that attaches to the trailer. This is the plate I screwed and glued on. Then there is a second quick disconnect articulating bracket that you put and leave on the TV. You just pull out the TV and lock it on the bracket mounted to the trailer. It is very nice.

So, you need to try to hit a stud when mounting, but use a good quality adhesive in case you miss.

DAN
    2016 Reflection 323BHS
    2006 5.9L Ram Megacab