Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Water Leaking in 3740

Another weekend and now another new issue. In the underbelly there are holes that appear to have been drilled about every 4 feet. I had rain this weekend, I did not travel in it and when I got home I had water dripping out of the holes. Obviously it came from somewhere but I never noticed it while it was sitting in my campsite. My tanks were empty so I know its not water or waste water from the unit, unless it had already leaked while being hooked up and now found its way while traveling. Curious has anyone seen this? Aside from where its coming from now I am concerned about the insulation underneath being wet.

Also, in the hookup bay for water what are the blue and red valves for?

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Strange that holes are drilled in the coroplast, wonder if they were intended to he drainage holes. The coroplast isnt "sealed" to the frame, so water does get in there if driving through rain, but to all the sudden get wet while sitting doest seem normal. Might be worthwhile to remove the false wall and see if anything is leaking from water heater or the water panel. It would take a large leak to make it down to the underbelly. On the other hand, might be worthwhile to drop some of the coroplast to see the status of the insulation or any evidence where the water came from.

Assuming you have the Nautilus system in your 3740, the red valve is the water heater bypass and the blue valve diverts water between city connection and fresh water tank.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a similar situation with our 2930 Solitude. We just picked it up from the dealer last week so haven't been out in it yet. Have a 7 night trip scheduled last week of this month so we will find out if dealer got it fixed. I previously wrote about our issue. We were in rain for almost a week our last trip. Got home and parked the Solitude. Go outside two days later and the coroplast is sagging quite noticeably. Pushed up on it and water squirts out of holes. Like yours our coroplast has holes in it about every four feet. Off to the dealer. They found water between the foil layer and coroplast. Fiberglass insulation was dry.They said they checked everything. No plumbing, drain or tank leaks. They insist its from road water spraying up into underbelly. Called Grand Design and they seem to think its another issue. For that reason they've extended our warranty. Dealer seems to have done a pretty good job sealing the coroplast and underbelly. So if it does it again I think we've got an as yet undiscovered leak.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Source of the water has been found. The dealer found the fittings at both of the grey tanks leaking and the black tank flush fittings were leaking. All of the insulation was ruined and had to be replaced as well.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well after my last update as to where the water was coming from and all the work that had to be done it rained today and now water is leaking out of the belly again. The camper has not moved and has no water in any tank but is dripping again.

I understand problems but that has to be the biggest piece of crap ever built. I certainly would not recommend this company to anyone looking. This will now be the 7th trip for warranty work in 14 weeks of ownership. A few of the problems like the board going out on the leveling system, the power awning, those things I realize are not GD and could happen on any brand, but tanks being plumbed backwards, not being plumbed properly, wiring harness not secured and getting caught in the slide mechanism are all work

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Totally understand your feelings. We have a new 2019 373FB and found two water leaks after connecting to water. One a bad PEX T under the master sink and a hole (looks like a screw or nail got it during assembly) in the master toilet supply line. Thankfully I was able to fix both as I have the tools, but a bit frustrating, and waste of time when you are buying a new expensive RV. If the water had been tested previous to it leaving the factory / dealer those issues should have been found.