Queen Creek, AZ
    2021 Momentum 25G
    2019 Ram 2500 Cummins 6.7

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a retired healthcare provider, I always wear gloves! I keep a few boxes on hand in the trailer at all times.
    2017 Ford F450 - our kids call her "Big Red"
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 28bh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Always wear disposable nitrile gloves.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mike,
    Just remember not to chew your fingernails after you are done.....
    Dan, Marcia, Emilee, Tanner, Zac
    2020 Chevy 3500 HD Crew 6.6L Duramax
    2020 Grand Design Reflection 303 RLS

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan the man View Post
    Mike,
    Just remember not to chew your fingernails after you are done.....
    Shoulda told me before last months camping trip!!!
    Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
    2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 367BHS

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guess the consensus is the majority of us wear gloves. Nice to see some humor with the responses as well.

Guessing there are no conventional submarine machinist mates posting on this topic. I've been told it's a "right of passage" for them to eat one of the corn kernels when they clean out the poop pump strainers [emoji2961]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Walaby View Post
    Shoulda told me before last months craping trip!!!
    there fixed it for ya
    Milas & Patti
    2021 Alliance Paradigm 310RK
    2011 Ram 3500 6.7 Cummins, SRW

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    The last 5 or so times I've went to the dump station, I'm the only person who is wearing gloves while handling the sewer hose and related components. It just amazes me how many people will connect, disconnect and wash their sewer hose with bare hands, and then just get in the truck and drive away. I'll be the first to admit, I'm not scared of germs, I eat off the floor if I drop food and have a stellar immune system, but I DO wear disposable gloves while doing anything with my sewer system.

I will say, one time, I met a Reflection 303 owner at the dump station that I usually use and he was wearing gloves.

One other thing, these same gloveless people are the ones who don't use a sewer elbow at the dump station and usually end up getting crap, literally, all over the place.

Anyone else notice anything similar?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    My husband wears gloves when dumping.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Couldn't imagine NOT wearing gloves.
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If at a full hook up site I do not wear gloves dumping the tanks because I am not touching or fooling with the dump hoses. I usually dump tanks every 4-5 days. I spray some lubricant on the dump handle shafts every time I pull them out. I wash hands when done. Now anytime I intend to touch the dump hoses I wear gloves or when using a common dump station. I have also gotten in the habit of when storing the dump hoses in the large tote, I connect the hose ends together before putting them in the tote.

This full hook up site we are in now, the sewer connection is way at the back of the site, this is the most sewer hose I have ever had to use.

This conversation brings back to mind the fond memories of living on a farm when I was a kid until the age of 10. My sisters and I routinely ran around bare footed even in the barn yard. How many cow pies i have stepped in bare footed I can't count! One of my chores was using a pitch fork cleaning out the stalls and filling the manure spreader. Dad then spread the manure on the fields and our huge garden. As a kid I used to carry a pocket knife and more times than I can count picked something right out of the garden, right off the vine and ate it only wiping the dirt off first.

It was also the kids chore of gathering the eggs. Sticking your hand under the chickens butt and grabbing the eggs. And yes us kids had the job of plucking the feathers of chickens Mom had just pulled the head off. Fresh fried chicken for Sunday dinner.

Our farm when my parents bought it in 1950 initially had an outhouse. Dad put in plumbing and remodeled the farm house. The outhouse was long gone but the hole was still there covered and a large rock was placed over it. When I was just a baby Dad removed the covering and was back filling the outhouse hole, somehow I fell into the hole and my Aunt grabbed my foot and pulled me back out. They tell me that I was covered with black goo and they used a garden hose and washed me off. A tragedy avoided but my family used to tell that story at every family reunion and my Aunt loved to tell it, laugh and tell she saved my life.
    As kids we rarely washed our hands that good maybe only using a garden hose to rinse them off. All this to say we all survived our childhood somehow, I am now 64 years old and long for the simple times of my youth.
    Last edited by Steven@147; 09-15-2020 at 07:47 AM. Reason: added content
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast