User Tag List

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Foothiller View Post
    I use heavy vinyl gauntlets any time I handle sewer hose. When done, I spray them with water/bleach (it still smells like bleach, ever after storage in the dark). I store the bleach bottle and gloves in a covered container.

When setting up at a site, I spray the bleach on the fresh water spigot. I've seen people handle the spigot with bare or gloved hands after dealing with their sewer.

Reading CWSWine's link, it's clear that I could do a better job, but my process worked fine for me for 3 years of fulltiming.
    After I saw someone take the sewer hose and held it up to the water source to flush it out and even touching the faucet I started using spay disinfection on the ends of my water hose and the faucet. A couple of weeks ago I had my neighbor take his sewer hose and drape it over the park's BBQ grill and put the elbow on the grates and the grill was on my site. I want to use something I know is affective.
    Dennis & Ellie
    Current 2017 Newmar Ventana Class A & 1994 Airstream Excella Classic Limited Project
    Sold - 310-GK-R Delivered 28 Oct 2016
    2016 GMC Denali 1 Ton Diesel SRW Payload 3727LBS B&W Hitch

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A couple of years ago we spent two nights in a park in Bakersfield, CA, to rest en route. There was an older, large gas class A next to us getting ready to pull out the morning after we arrived. We watched as the guy (I can't come up with a better term that would be acceptable here) handled the stinky slinky and connections with bare hands, ran his fresh water hose down the stinky slinky to rinse it out... the full length... and then threw all the fresh water equipment and stinky slinky together in the same side storage compartment together. He then climbed into the motorhome, got in the driver's seat, picked up a sandwich off the dashboard and started eating it, and drove off - of course without washing his hands. As the country comedian says, "Here's your sign!"

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    A couple of years ago we spent two nights in a park in Bakersfield, CA, to rest en route. There was an older, large gas class A next to us getting ready to pull out the morning after we arrived. We watched as the guy (I can't come up with a better term that would be acceptable here) handled the stinky slinky and connections with bare hands, ran his fresh water hose down the stinky slinky to rinse it out... the full length... and then threw all the fresh water equipment and stinky slinky together in the same side storage compartment together. He then climbed into the motorhome, got in the driver's seat, picked up a sandwich off the dashboard and started eating it, and drove off - of course without washing his hands. As the country comedian says, "Here's your sign!"
    Rob
    OMG, I have a few names/terms that come to mind as well. I hope he's just ignorant and doesn't know any better.
    Darwinism in action
    2018 Solitude 344gk
    2021 Ram 3500 SRW

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm guessing all you glove wearers are equally diligent when you visit the toilet? Do you glove up to wipe your butt? Do you wash with bleach after peeing?

It's the same human waste we deal with daily, folks. People have wiped their arse with the same hands they eat with since the beginning of time, and all lived to see another day.....

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane Hog View Post
    I'm guessing all you glove wearers are equally diligent when you visit the toilet? Do you glove up to wipe your butt? Do you wash with bleach after peeing?

It's the same human waste we deal with daily, folks. People have wiped their arse with the same hands they eat with since the beginning of time, and all lived to see another day.....

The difference being that, when using the bathroom, one can wash their hands before touching anything else. I don't want to put my contaminated hands on the door handle to get inside to wash after handling the sewer equipment. I spent too many years in health care (and some of it in third world countries) to be stupid on purpose.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really? I don't wipe my wife's butt, at least not yet, nor my grandson, granddaughter, or others who my visit my rig. As with @Second Chance, my wife is in health care. We wash our hands after every trip to the rest room, and I will continue to use gloves when dealing with the sewer hose or other sewer duties. I still eat with my hands as I am in the age group in the middle, not requiring help to be fed. They are clean.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never use gloves and the funny thing is in all my many many years of dealing with rv sewage I have never had anything on my hands
    What are you gloved people touching?

All you are touching is a gate valve handle a sewer cap that is out in the rain and the outside of a plastic sewer hose

I do have Clorox wipes in my pass through that I wipe my hands with just in case that one pesky germ makes it on my hands
    Still alive

But I am a country boy and still work some on the farm.

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unless you have a 55 gallon case of diarrhea, not quite the same thing is it? Gloves aren't for the occasional droplet, but IF there is a catastrophic event, like when a hose comes off, so you can jump in to re-attach without hesitation.
    New: 2021 Solitude 380FL
    Prior: 2016 Alpine 3600RS
    Tow: 2017 F350 Diesel Dually

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    The last 5 or so times I've went to the dump station, I'm the only person who is wearing gloves while handling the sewer hose and related components. It just amazes me how many people will connect, disconnect and wash their sewer hose with bare hands, and then just get in the truck and drive away. I'll be the first to admit, I'm not scared of germs, I eat off the floor if I drop food and have a stellar immune system, but I DO wear disposable gloves while doing anything with my sewer system.

I will say, one time, I met a Reflection 303 owner at the dump station that I usually use and he was wearing gloves.

One other thing, these same gloveless people are the ones who don't use a sewer elbow at the dump station and usually end up getting crap, literally, all over the place.

Anyone else notice anything similar?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Probably the same people that crap on public toilet seats, pee on the floor and don't wash their hands after visiting the restroom.... oh, they never flush the toilet when they are done either...
    Donald AKA johndeerefarmer
    2020 Ford F350 Powerstroke diesel
    2017 F150 ecoboost max tow
    2016 Reflection 29RS VIN# 573FR322XG3305717

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678