User Tag List

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MachWun View Post
    You guys all wear gloves when you clean your toilet?
    Um, that's the other half's job.
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by offtohavasu View Post
    Um, that's the other half's job.
    LOL! Ooohh that's gonna leave a mark!
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzyptx View Post
    After a couple dumped, the woman took the fresh water hose and used it to clean the inside of their sewer hose, by inserting it a little way into the sewer hose!!!! Don't know when we've seen anything so disgusting!!
    Are you sure it was a "fresh water hose" and not a rinse hose? I've only used about 25 or so dump stations (we usually camp connected to sewer) but every one of them that had a water hose nearby also had a sign warning about using it as fresh water.

For the reason you've highlighted, using a water hose that's anywhere near a dump station to fill fresh water would be a really bad idea.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 315RLTSinPA View Post
    I don't wear gloves and never have. My hands have touched much worse at work over the years. I hook up and dump, don't touch anything until I'm done, put everything away, then wash and sanitize my hands. None of my sewer stuff is stored in the storage compartments. I see lots of people wearing gloves that will touch all kinds of things on their trailers, open the door to go inside to do who knows what, touch their face, put their hands in their pockets, then take off their gloves and drive off without washing or sanitizing. I've watched people fill their water tanks with the flush hose, wash their dishes at the dump station, and even drink from the flush hose.
    Worse is when you see people use regular gloves made out of some kind of absorbing material that they will just take off when done and store somewhere to re-use the next time that they dump. Those just become a Super 8 all inclusive resorts for germs. Those same people look at people that are not using gloves with a funny face.
    I don't use gloves but I do carry disinfectant wipes (worth equal to gold lately) and clean my hands and disinfect them when done. I also take this wipe to open and close the water for flushing.
    I was a single dad and didn't use gloves to change diapers. Although sometimes I wish I had a mask.
    Just my 2 cents.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Walaby View Post
    I don't wear gloves. After Im done, I pick my nose, and then make a sandwich.
    Finally a truthful answer...

Honestly...all the germ freaks on this forum..

Rofl

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Always wear gloves

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My brother in law is an old Dairy farmer. I used to help him do the milking many years ago. The old barn and barn poop remover required someone (him) sit on the floor and guide the paddles around an outside corner. Poop and all. We cleaned the barn after the milking but there were no gloves to use (this was about 40 years ago). I know it isn't the same but....
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To you people that use bleach mixed with water'

"Bleach solutions should be stored in opaque containers and must be made fresh at a minimum of every 24 hours. Bleach rapidly degrades in the presence of light and when mixed with water."

https://sheltermedicine.vetmed.ufl.e...ch-updated.pdf
    Dennis & Ellie
    Current 2017 Newmar Ventana Class A & 1994 Airstream Excella Classic Limited Project
    Sold - 310-GK-R Delivered 28 Oct 2016
    2016 GMC Denali 1 Ton Diesel SRW Payload 3727LBS B&W Hitch

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use heavy vinyl gauntlets any time I handle sewer hose. When done, I spray them with water/bleach (it still smells like bleach, ever after storage in the dark). I store the bleach bottle and gloves in a covered container.

When setting up at a site, I spray the bleach on the fresh water spigot. I've seen people handle the spigot with bare or gloved hands after dealing with their sewer.

Reading CWSWine's link, it's clear that I could do a better job, but my process worked fine for me for 3 years of fulltiming.
    2020 Ford F150 XLT with HDPP, 3.5L TT V6, 6.5' bed, 3.73 axle, Curt A16 manual slider hitch.
    2021 GD Reflections 150 series 295RL 33' 5th
    Long ago: Carriage Lite 35' 5th, towed by Dodge Ram 2500 V10

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always wear the Harbor Freight disposable gloves. Keep a box in the basement with all other supplies.
    New: 2021 Solitude 380FL
    Prior: 2016 Alpine 3600RS
    Tow: 2017 F350 Diesel Dually

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast