User Tag List

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Norcalrv1
    What I did, and did today again, was to hook up the hose to the fill and then turn the valves to fill with water, then fill with water, then turn the valves back to (in our case) using the water pump to provide water and then took the hose off. At no time did I turn any of the water valves with the hose disconnected. If you turn the valves with the hose line open to the air air will enter the tank and the water will run out. Don't understand this.
    You said that the vent is not connected to anything. That may be our problem. I have contacted GD about that.
    Rod

agoutdoors
    Here are a few pictures of what I am seeing from the rear underbelly - where the fresh water holding tank is and the rear septic tank. I am uploading a video to YouTube and will post the link later.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG1099.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	105.1 KB 
ID:	1492Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG1100.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	95.6 KB 
ID:	1493Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG1101.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	97.8 KB 
ID:	1494

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Norcalrv1

In reference to part of your post . . . "If you turn the valves with the hose line open to the air air will enter the tank and the water will run out. Don't understand this."

This actually proves the theory of the submerged overflow pipe.
    In order for water to flow out of the tank through any opening, air has to be admitted through another. If you leave the KantLeak valve in the fill tank position and disconnect the hose, it provides the source of incoming air to allow water to flow out through the submerged overflow line . . . once a syphon action has been started in this line by completely filling the tank.

Something that would be interesting to try . . .
    As soon as the tank is full, the fill hose disconnected and water running out of the overflow . . . Turn the KantLeak valve to tank, turn on the pump and open a tap. If my theory is right, this will draw air in through the overflow line, which will stop the syphon action.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Norcalrv1
    Wow that is a lot of water!

agoutdoors
    Quote Originally Posted by Norcalrv1 View Post
    If you have water in the underbelly and you have never put water into the tanks, you may have a leak somewhere. It always rains in Washington and it may be rain water leaking around a slide or seal somewhere. I can not think of any other reason why you would have a water in the belly if you have never put water into your tanks.
    Good luck figuring this one out. Glad that you got your other issues fixed.
    Rod
    I guess I should clarify - I have never put water in it, however either GD or the dealer has at some point. When I got it there was water in the septic tanks (and drain pipes I found out later), it was clear not actual sewer. Thus the water previously.

agoutdoors
    I have a bit of an update on the issue of water in the underbelly. GD authorized a 3rd party to come out and take a look. We completely cut the plastic cover down which gave better access to check things out. Good news - we didn't find any leaks in the fresh water system nor the septic systems. We ran water into the unit from my well (now I get to flush out the system since my well isn't good water and it doesn't do well in storage) until the overflow drain kicked in. It worked the way it was supposed to (didn't flow a lot of water this time) - again we found no leaks. Bad News - we think we know where the water is coming from but I want to have a conversation with GD first before I put out details. I will start a new thread after I have the conversation with them.
    We did find one or two other minor issues that the technician will be addressing after he gets the needed approvals. So stay tuned.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How hard is it to remove the underbelly, and once removed can you see everything to analyze the plumbing issues ?

Gord Fuchs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I to need to know,,,,,,,,,,
    Nelson & Susan
    Bakersfield, Ca.
    FT @ Orange Grove RV Park
    2015 GD379FL Solitude
    We Pull with 2016 RAM 3500 DRW, 4x4, 6.7 Cummins
    We are FTing and FT Work we have a few more years till we can travel

Norcalrv1
    Sounds like you are on the way to getting things working correctly. Grand Design has always allowed third parties to fix problems that we have when on the road. keep us posted.
    Rod

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast