Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GDRV Service View Post
    Hi Jim and Ginnie (@Tucson Jim),

Close, but not exact.

It depends on how much the tank has expanded. Should be okay at approximately 30 seconds.

No, you would have to wait until it equalizes.

The owner's manual is generally correct. However, we can reword #5 to include/advise water should be shut off within 10-15 seconds of water coming out of the overflow line.

Floor damage is possible in extreme overflow situations.

No.

Best regards,
    ~ Janice
    Just plug the overflow tube with your thumb... It will stop!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Chuck & Ursula Stratton
    US Army Helicopter Pilot
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2015 GMC SIERRA 3500HD DENALI

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I notced that once the overflow starts, if you pump water into your hot water heater the overflow stops right away, i'm thinking maybe turning on the kitchen faucet may stop the overflow also

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The water overflow tube is also the air vent for the water tank. Because the outer end is below the tank and the inner end is (sometimes) inserted too far into the tank, a siphon action starts once the tube fills with water. Running the pump to draw some water out of the tank will draw air in through the overflow/air vent and stop the siphon action. Unfortunately, towing the trailer will slosh the water around and restart the siphon action. Putting a valve or plug on the blue pipe will stop this overflow, but must be opened/removed before drawing water from the tank or the vacuum created by the pump can cause the unvented tank to collapse inward.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is this still a problem...???.. Most of these posts were posted back pre 2017, I have a 2150RB that was manufactured in 2017. Could I have this problem, or do you suppose GD has since corrected this issue...??..
    David, Shar and Bejr - Boise, Idaho
    2017 Grand Design Imagine 2150RB (Madge) - Andersen WD Hitch
    2004 Ford F150 5.4 (Henry) - Procomp Lift and traction bars, 4:56 Gears, Hypertech Tuned, Banks Monster Exhaust, K&N Intake, Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by david3allens View Post
    Is this still a problem...???.. Most of these posts were posted back pre 2017, I have a 2150RB that was manufactured in 2017. Could I have this problem, or do you suppose GD has since corrected this issue...??..
    I had the issue on my 2019 2800bh. It first happened while I was towing my camper with a full fresh water tank. I was on a curvy road and noticed a trail of water behind me. It seems as water sloshed out of the overflow and didn't stop as a vacuum was created. It drained a 1/3 of the tank.

I fixed it by adding a Shark-bite valve on the end of the overflow that I close while the camper is in motion. I open it while filling the tank and while camping.
    2019 2800bh
    2018 Silverado 1500

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678