Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2020 gm truck, 5th wheel hitching settled

I recently purchased a 2020 3500 Silverado SRW Duramax shortbox crew cab. After trying different options to use my Pullrite slider from my 2019 I settled on a Pullrite 2600. It converts the pinbox to a ball and the goose ball puck to the receiver, very similar to the anderson system only made out of good old american steel. Works great tows nice. Lightweight 85 lbs total vs. my 285 lb slider. You have multiple setback options I have a 2020 momentum 395 toyhauler widebody. I can turn the truck 90 degrees with no need for a slider. Finally done farting around and I maintained the use of a high quality strong hitch manufactured by a company with one of best quality products made in the USA. Customer support second to none!!!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20200812_194318.jpg   20200812_194327 (1).jpg  

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like you found a good solution. I really like the folks at Pullrite. They have been nothing but fantastic to work with over the years.
    2020 Reflection 29RS 5th Wheel
    2019 GMC 2500 HD 4x4 Duramax

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Happy for you. I’ve had mine all summer and really enjoy the ease of hitching. The weight is perfect too. I see no use for a 200 lb hitch anymore.
    2021 Reflection 28BH
    Pullrite Superlite 2600
    2019 Ford F250 CC SB 6.7L
    2017 Jayco 27bhs (Sold)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Screamineagle,

Hoping you can help. I've been using the 2400 version of that hitch which mounts to ISR and love it. I bought a 2020 Chevy so I had to buy the adapter for the puck system so the 2400 would work. That added three inches. Then I bought a new pin box with air bags. That added another three inches. Another 6 inches of height added to an already 13'6' is a no go. I lost my sanity but managed to remount the pin box and got 2 back. The 2600 would sit right on the bed and get another 2 or 3 back. So three questions;
    1. In one of Pullrite's videos they show the 2600 moving slightly in the support bracket (tray?). I hope that was just to demonstrate that the bed is protected and it really doesn't move.
    2. If the dimensions are the same as my 2400, the bed support brackets would be right over the pucks. Are your chain mounts in the original pucks or did you have to fabricate something?
    3. And once hooked up, are your chains attached to the pin box or the adapter. There there are no holes to attach chains to my adapter like yours. And drilling new ones in that hardened steel ain't happening.
    Russ & Faith
    2019 Momentum 349M
    2020 Silverado Duramax
    1999 Valkyrie Interstate

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 2600 does moved slightly due to a little slop in the gooseneck ball it is clamped to. Everthing moves a little. You will also get movement on a ISR mount. My chains are going to factory puck mounts. If you configure the hitch correctly. You do not need a slide hitch for a 2020 short box I have a 2020 momentum 395 toyhauler wide body and it clears the cab a full 90 degrees. My chains are hooked up to the adapter so I did not have to drill holes in pinbox, Pullrite also told me to put them there. The only reason I added chains is because it is a law in NY. if you are pulling with a ball you need chains. if you want to contact me feel free 5857214336