User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great info guys!
    @xrated your solution works well for not having to put as many holes in the garage floor, start thinking. However for me I’ll want as much of a flat floor for other items, and rolling bikes in and out.

I do agree that the wheel bonnet tie down is the best. Although I haven’t used it myself yet haha but plan to!
    @elkaholic yes when you get a chance I’d love to see some photos for reference, I think I may do something like that for my X3.

Did you end up having to drop the whole rear coroplast barrier to get your bolts through the I-Beam? And what was your method for drilling holes? Did you measure X distance out from the interior wall edge?
    2021 Momentum 381M (Ordered 3/6/2020, Delivered 8/27/2020)
    -- Full Body Paint, MORryde IS 7k w/ disc brakes, Gen-Y Gooseneck conversion, 3 AC, Heat Pump, Dual Pane Windows, Slide Toppers, Residential Fridge

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will get some additional pics but these two are the first loading after putting down tracks

As an emgineer by training, I sometimes over think things but in this case I did not. To drill I laid the track down where I wanted it and drilled one hole using the holes in the track, inserted a bolt to hold position, went o the other end and drilled a hole on the opposite side and inserted a bolt. With that done the track became my drill template and I completed the four holes on each end of the track and inserted bolts to ensure no movement then drilled all the holes. I used a 1/4 drill bit and 1/4 bolts. Once all holes were drilled, I pulled up the track and put black silicone in each hole then laid the track down.

The tracks are snugged up against the side walls.

On my 2018 349, there is no corroplast outside of the frame rails so I did not have to deal with that.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1757.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	98.1 KB 
ID:	29560

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elkaholic View Post
    Agree with you if the tracks are between the frame rails of the camper. However, I put my tracks outside of the frame rails right against the outer walls of the garage. You can easily get to the underside of the floor as none of the tanks etc. extend outside of the frame rails. I intended to take photos of my install but rains from Sally are already here so it’ll have to be probably Friday.

For a Talon or in my case a RZR, this works nicely with wheel bonnets

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I agree, if the install of the etrack ends up outside of the main frame rails, it is 10 times easier to install through the floor bolts/backer plates/nuts.....and have zero interference with the fuel tank or tanks. That was the scenario when I bolted down the large sheet of 3/4 plywood in mine. My 394 is the same as elkaholic....no coroplast on the outside of the frame rails at the top flange of the I beam. I'm pretty picky about doing things the correct way, so I measured and remeasured, then probably remeasured again before the drill bit started in. The worst case scenario, in my opinion would be that your measurement was off by a few inches and you end up drilling directly into the center of the top flange of the I beam. To me, that area of the beam is critical for structural integrity of the frame beam.
    Last edited by xrated; 09-17-2020 at 06:54 AM.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah yes, the OUTSIDE of the frame rails, mine is the same way. I installed a storage for my sewer hose from drain master and I mounted that plate on both the inside and outside edges. I’m now remembering the coroplast ended at the inside edge.

I’ll have to look to verify but hopefully the outside edge of my frame rail aligns with a good position for the etrack.

Woohoo, I’m super excited about installing this now that I won’t have to deal with dropping the coroplast [emoji2]

I really like the idea of installing the etrack on the very outside edge, keeps most of the floor clear, less chance of tripping hazard, works to tie down the X3...but, there’s always a but...

Not AS great for a motorcycle tie down. I’d be tying down one to two motorcycles, I don’t want to add a center etrack, the d-rings would still be there however.

I’ll have to lay down the etrack and think about how I’d want to load some bikes. Some type of removable front wheel chock for the bike(s) as well.
    2021 Momentum 381M (Ordered 3/6/2020, Delivered 8/27/2020)
    -- Full Body Paint, MORryde IS 7k w/ disc brakes, Gen-Y Gooseneck conversion, 3 AC, Heat Pump, Dual Pane Windows, Slide Toppers, Residential Fridge

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Guys ; Read your posts on installing etrack in the garage of your toyhauler. Using the etrack is what I want to do to but with the etrack wheel chocks , so doing that the track is centre under the tires. So to make that work the centre of the rails is 20.25 from the outside walls to the centre of tires. This is where I am running into trouble, from what I have read here is the floor is 1inch , how close to the floor is the tanks tuck up between the frame rails don’t wanna drill into them.or drop them.If lay plywood on floor then have to trim bottom of doors. I would love to get some input all ideas much appreciated in getting this done. Thanks Randy
    My Trailer is a 2020 Momentum 320G
    Truck 2019 Chev Silverado 3500 LTZ 6.6 box Duramax
    Firestone airbags rear

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HaywireRandy View Post
    Hi Guys ; Read your posts on installing etrack in the garage of your toyhauler. Using the etrack is what I want to do to but with the etrack wheel chocks , so doing that the track is centre under the tires. So to make that work the centre of the rails is 20.25 from the outside walls to the centre of tires. This is where I am running into trouble, from what I have read here is the floor is 1inch , how close to the floor is the tanks tuck up between the frame rails don’t wanna drill into them.or drop them.If lay plywood on floor then have to trim bottom of doors. I would love to get some input all ideas much appreciated in getting this done. Thanks Randy
    Plenty of room between the fuel tank and the floor on our Momentum 31G. Here's my install video. Has worked out perfectly for us using the lag screws.

2021 Momentum 31G
    2021 20' Haulmark Edge race trailer
    '17 Ram CCLB 3500 dually 6.7 turbo
    '96 Chevy C3500 CC dually 454
    2019 Honda Talon X
    1985 Honda FL350R Odyssey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TerryH View Post
    Plenty of room between the fuel tank and the floor on our Momentum 31G. Here's my install video. Has worked out perfectly for us using the lag screws.

Hey Terry, this is my first reply on this forum. I have not picked up my new 31G yet but I have seen many of your videos! Great job BTW! I have done a TON of research and will be hauling 2 HD baggers. Thinking of installing e-track from side to side in the front of the garage for the removable chalks or using the e-track against the walls and using the Condor e-track setup they have. Any thought you may have would be MUCH appreciated. You seem to have it together and I am learning everyday. Also did we determine that the flooring is in fact 1" plywood?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ebender1968 View Post
    Hey Terry, this is my first reply on this forum. I have not picked up my new 31G yet but I have seen many of your videos! Great job BTW! I have done a TON of research and will be hauling 2 HD baggers. Thinking of installing e-track from side to side in the front of the garage for the removable chalks or using the e-track against the walls and using the Condor e-track setup they have. Any thought you may have would be MUCH appreciated. You seem to have it together and I am learning everyday. Also did we determine that the flooring is in fact 1" plywood?
    Thanks for watching! Glad the videos were helpful. The floor is 1" marine grade underlayment. Zero issues with how I have the E track installed in ours hauling the Talon all over on some pretty terrible roads so couldn't imagine there would be any problem with either of your mounting options.
    2021 Momentum 31G
    2021 20' Haulmark Edge race trailer
    '17 Ram CCLB 3500 dually 6.7 turbo
    '96 Chevy C3500 CC dually 454
    2019 Honda Talon X
    1985 Honda FL350R Odyssey

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ebender1968 View Post
    Also did we determine that the flooring is in fact 1" plywood?
    I imagine G series is the same, but I've cut a hole in 2 different Momentums, a TH and an M series, both had 1" floors in garage. The holes were for dryer vents, so I was definitely able to measure the floor thickness.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know with all the info on here you can’t go wrong,I reached and the response was awesome. I used 3/4 inch wood lag bolts had no issues, use a small drill bit for a pilot hole with a depth gauge. Measure the centre of your tires to get the width you need for the tracks measure several times to make sure. I strongly recommend using the etrack wheel chocks, if you have a sxs back it in most sxs have engine back.If you drive in motor is in the very back takes weight off hitch,back in puts weight on hitch it all depends on your hitch weight. Strap over the tire is a must won’t move at all, if you tie to machine it will work the suspension eventually could work loose. The roads I travel on are rough have never had a problem.
    My Trailer is a 2020 Momentum 320G
    Truck 2019 Chev Silverado 3500 LTZ 6.6 box Duramax
    Firestone airbags rear

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast