Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Broken window/bad Monday

Went to pick my Reflection 303RLS from storage yesterday and noticed my biggest window was shattered. The window by the dining table had a big hole in it. Investigation into what happened is still on going. Called local rv repair guy that has done warranty work for me in the past and he stated that it's better to replace the whole window frame and all. Called insurance and they said they called local repair guy and he would not repair window for what they were going to pay. I'm waiting on a call from a Duncan motorhome out of Michigan to call and tell me where I have to take my rv to get the window replaced and I'm assuming they're just going to try and replace glass. Anyone else have this dilemma? I don't think the insurance lady knows anything about rv glass. Stay tuned for more of the story as I'm still waiting on Duncan to call. They have 24 hrs.
    Thanks for any advice.
    Michael
    2018 Refection 303 RLS
    2014 F350 Crew Cab 6.7 Powerstroke SRW Long bed
    2011 Harley Davidson Road Glide Ultra
    Brenham, Tx

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello. Just my opinion, what your local rv guy told you is probably the best idea. The entire window assembly is easy to take out. Mine was removed and reinstalled without any problems. Just order the whole window assembly and a tube of sealant and it will be done easily. Good luck.
    2018 Reflection 337RL / 2022 GMC Denali 3500HD CC LB Diesel

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let us know how it goes, I hope they replace the whole window for you. Would a mobile RV mechanic be able to replace the window ?
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Replacing the entire assembly is immensely easier than just replacing the glass. Having said that, some of the windows on our school buses are the same/similar to an RV window and we routinely replace just the glass. It's a PIA to disassemble the aluminum frame but it is much less costly. Any decent glass shop should be able to replace just the glass. Just offering an alternative viewpoint.

John
    2018 Silverado LTZ 3500HD CC LB 4X4 DRW Duramax/Allison
    2019 Momentum 381M w/Full Body Paint
    2016 Can Am Spyder F3 Limited Special Series
    2017 Can Am Outlander 1000 XT-P
    2016 Wrangler Hard Rock Unlimited
    1997 Bayliner Capri 1950 affectionately named Skinnydipper
    MSgt, USAF (Ret)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We feel your pain. Our new 2021 303rls purchased at the end of May has had the big window broken twice and the window over the recliners broken once.

First time was in TN at an rv park on our first trip. It was obvious that rocks from mowers broke the two windows on the dinette slide. The rv park covered the costs and a mobile tech did the repair.

Second time was in storage also, and it was the big window again. Decided to turn it into our insurance and they contacted our dealer and agreed to cover the costs less our deductible. It was about $730 for the big window total.

In all cases we had the entire window and frame replaced. Part of your costs will be shipping, which wasn't cheep

Dave