User Tag List

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

29G / 31G garage opening height?

Waiting on a 31G that we ordered and although I'm confident our Honda Talon will fit, I was wondering if someone had or would measure the height of the garage opening with the couches all the way up? I realize they will fit flat against the walls but wanting to store them in the ceiling position if possible. Thanks for any help.

Terry
    2021 Momentum 31G
    2021 20' Haulmark Edge race trailer
    '17 Ram CCLB 3500 dually 6.7 turbo
    '96 Chevy C3500 CC dually 454
    2019 Honda Talon X
    1985 Honda FL350R Odyssey

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Terry! Did you ever find those specs or can you post them here? Wondering the same thing - trying to figure out spec for a SxS. Thanks!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cbecker624 View Post
    Hi Terry! Did you ever find those specs or can you post them here? Wondering the same thing - trying to figure out spec for a SxS. Thanks!
    The 3 season door opening is 84". 75" to the bottom of the leg brackets on the Happijac with the couches all the way up. 80" if you swing the couches against the walls.
    2021 Momentum 31G
    2019 Honda Talon X

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TerryH View Post
    The 3 season door opening is 84". 75" to the bottom of the leg brackets on the Happijac with the couches all the way up. 80" if you swing the couches against the walls.
    Thank you! What is the width of the three-season door itself?
    Last edited by cbecker624; 09-21-2022 at 08:12 AM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you! What is the width of the three-season door itself?
    I'm not sure of the exact measurement but I image about and SXS would fit. Our Talon is 69" wide and there's lots of room.

2021 Momentum 31G
    2019 Honda Talon X

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure of the exact measurement but I image about and SXS would fit. Our Talon is 69" wide and there's lots of room.

Okay - I am looking for the width of the actual door - I am worried about length. We have a 29G. The garage says 11 feet, and we would need to subtract the width of the 3-season door from that. We are trying to get a Can-Am Defender HD9 to fit. Its dimensions are 121 x 62 x 78.

I know you have a 31G, but the 3 season doors are likely the same measurement.
    Last edited by cbecker624; 09-21-2022 at 08:39 AM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay - I am looking for the width of the actual door - I am worried about length. We have a 29G. The garage says 11 feet, and we would need to subtract the width of the 3-season door from that. We are trying to get a Can-Am Defender HD9 to fit. Its dimensions are 125.7 x 62 x 78.

I know you have a 31G, but the 3 season doors are likely the same measurement.
    That is going to be extremely tight. Our doors take up 6" of floor space. I've seen others list 8" or more though. Doesn't seem like they put them in the same place on every trailer. No chance that the doors are going to open and close with the Defender in the garage. You'll have to remove the doors. Pretty simple process on the newer gen doors though.
    2021 Momentum 31G
    2019 Honda Talon X

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is going to be extremely tight. Our doors take up 6" of floor space. I've seen others list 8" or more though. Doesn't seem like they put them in the same place on every trailer. No chance that the doors are going to open and close with the Defender in the garage. You'll have to remove the doors. Pretty simple process on the newer gen doors though.

Hi Terry,

I realized my dimensions are off - I went back to fix them. The dimensions of the machine are 121 x 62 x 76. I don't need to open the 3-season doors with the machine in there - the machine will come out every time we camp. Do you think this will fit? with the three season doors still attached?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Terry,

I realized my dimensions are off - I went back to fix them. The dimensions of the machine are 121 x 62 x 76. I don't need to open the 3-season doors with the machine in there - the machine will come out every time we camp. Do you think this will fit? with the three season doors still attached?
    It's going to be really, really tight on whether you'll be able to swing them back into place to get them closed once the Defender is in. Some guys on our 29G/31G Facebook group have had to remove the doors for this reason. Is the Defender totally stock? Aftermarket bumpers, wheels and tires etc... will affect this also. This is the exact reason we have a 31G for our 2 seat Talon.
    2021 Momentum 31G
    2019 Honda Talon X

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's going to be really, really tight on whether you'll be able to swing them back into place to get them closed once the Defender is in. Some guys on our 29G/31G Facebook group have had to remove the doors for this reason. Is the Defender totally stock? Aftermarket bumpers, wheels and tires etc... will affect this also. This is the exact reason we have a 31G for our 2 seat Talon.
    Thank you for the info. I'm really wanting to keep these doors on, so that is worrisome. And yes, it is completely stock. I don't have a facebook otherwise I would try to look there for info too.