User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dryfly View Post
    I'm kinda surprised you would buy from the dealer a second time when you knew they provided unsatisfactory service?
    The dealer 20 minutes from me has a 1.5 out of 5 rep on yelp, google, and their own website. We left in disgust wanting to purchase our TT in 1998, so we bought it from their other site an hour away. Close dealer wouldn't touch it for repairs. We left again a couple of months ago when they would not let us into any GD unit in stock that we wanted to look at - allegedly due to COVID and having to clean each one after. I can not find a reputable GD dealer in northern New England that I have been able to locate. Is that a reflection on GD or are they truly all the same? We want to order a Solitude, but have no idea who to order it from.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sande005 View Post
    Not to make excuses, but...it seems like all manufacturers of outdoor related items are getting slammed.
    Please follow forum rules
    Posting and Messaging
    • Challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully. Excessive sarcasm, extreme belligerence, insults, profanity, extreme anger, offensive comments about race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, and national origin, are not acceptable.
    • We take the "be nice" rule VERY seriously! We do not tolerate ANY rudeness

Last edited by WhittleBurner; 09-17-2020 at 07:20 AM.
    2019 Reflection 312BHTS TT Sold

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewhedd View Post
    Please follow forum rules
    Posting and Messaging
    • Challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully. Excessive sarcasm, extreme belligerence, insults, profanity, extreme anger, offensive comments about race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, and national origin, are not acceptable.
    • We take the "be nice" rule VERY seriously! We do not tolerate ANY rudeness

What? Am I missing something?
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post
    The dealer 20 minutes from me has a 1.5 out of 5 rep on yelp, google, and their own website. We left in disgust wanting to purchase our TT in 1998, so we bought it from their other site an hour away. Close dealer wouldn't touch it for repairs. We left again a couple of months ago when they would not let us into any GD unit in stock that we wanted to look at - allegedly due to COVID and having to clean each one after. I can not find a reputable GD dealer in northern New England that I have been able to locate. Is that a reflection on GD or are they truly all the same? We want to order a Solitude, but have no idea who to order it from.
    From the people we have talked to and a LOT of YouTube videos we have watched, We came to the conclusion that the dealers(I'm sure there are exceptions) tend to handle repairs the same way and best thing for us was to find the dealer that had the best price.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by offtohavasu View Post
    I was confused too. Then noted that WhittleBurner was the one that edited. So likely Brewhedd took issue with my post.
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by offtohavasu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sande005 View Post
    I was confused too. Then noted that WhittleBurner was the one that edited. So likely Brewhedd took issue with my post.
    Sometimes stuff gets posted and gets reported, sometimes we moderators spot things that seem posted that are just plain not nice (one of cornerstone policies). So things get deleted and reminders get sent or posted publicly.

This particular thread seems a ripe place to generate negative stuff. Heck, the subject itself sets a negative tone. We're just trying to keep things leaning on the helpfully, and healthfully, positive side.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It does get rather old when people consistently post negativity rather than providing anything constructive or helpful to the discussion or to the original poster. Seems that while the vast majority of posters genuinely want to help, others... well... Nevermind.

John
    2018 Silverado LTZ 3500HD CC LB 4X4 DRW Duramax/Allison
    2019 Momentum 381M w/Full Body Paint
    2016 Can Am Spyder F3 Limited Special Series
    2017 Can Am Outlander 1000 XT-P
    2016 Wrangler Hard Rock Unlimited
    1997 Bayliner Capri 1950 affectionately named Skinnydipper
    MSgt, USAF (Ret)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverrunner View Post
    It took me about a week to finally get in contact with GD. No reply to email, but a phone call got results which took a couple days. Once on the phone I was able to get a reference number. I talked to our dealer but they were backed up 6 weeks and bringing it to them isn't an option. The next issue is getting a mobile repair shop to return calls and such. Those guys are slammed. Two weeks of phone/email tag and finally gave up on the guy and called someone else. I'll be interested to see how it's handled if I can get someone to work on it.

Issue one is with the refer, it won't light when in gas mode. The other and bigger issue is it appears the nose cap is separating from the body on one side.
    Sorry to hear about your front cap and slide. I left GD a voicemail and never got a return call. Hopefully they step up and repair your issues, one of which seems structural to me. Here's my suggestion, start documenting everything, hope I've been a help.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LV Naturist View Post
    It does get rather old when people consistently post negativity rather than providing anything constructive or helpful to the discussion or to the original poster. Seems that while the vast majority of posters genuinely want to help, others... well... Nevermind.

John
    X 2, John. Some folks just seem to drive in the negative driving lane too often with challenges. They and all others they impact would be much better served if they would pull into the other lane regardless of the obstacles and challenges.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canyonlight View Post
    X 2, John. Some folks just seem to drive in the negative driving lane too often with challenges. They and all others they impact would be much better served if they would pull into the other lane regardless of the obstacles and challenges.

Dan
    Some folks have a lot of issues or issues they believe should not have appeared, which can be a negative experience after spending thousands. Then again some folks are positive when they have serious problems. Some folks are loyal to GD regardless, which is fine. Personally, I believe people buying should know they can be stepping into a lot of headaches. I will continue to make that known through my own experience which imo could be valuable information to someone. In this industry a lot of manufacturers "puff" about how well their RV's are built, not always reality.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast